Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought the crj front lowering kit and was reading about how you could flip the back link to lower the rear end down...how do u do it?? pictures anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
You flip the part that connects to the rear shock. You just rotate the link so the hole is closer to the axle but the top hole stays in the same spot. It's more of a rotating flip not an up and down flip. If that makes any sense. It's a cheap fix but a gt thunder link is much better for your swing arm travel. I heard flipping the rear shock limits the suspension travel. The adjust able links are fine but the gt thunder link is the best way to go with lowering the rear.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I put the crj front lowering kit on my wifes Raptor and flipped the rear link it drop the quad about 3" over all this was a good move for her.. The front end is now 2" wider after the drop.. (It kinda look like a 450) and it handles very good.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I put the crj front lowering kit on my wifes Raptor and flipped the rear link it drop the quad about 3" over all this was a good move for her.. The front end is now 2" wider after the drop.. (It kinda look like a 450) and it handles very good.
do you ride trails ? im wondering if i would be dragging my ass around a trail if i lowered mine ....

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
My friend did this to his and his nerfs were very low off the ground, but he also ran 18's on the back so that's a couple inches, most ppl run at least 20's.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
do you ride trails ? im wondering if i would be dragging my ass around a trail if i lowered mine ....
for the trail the gt thunder link is fine. I have no problems with it just feels a lot better, it's not as tippy. I flipped the link, had 450 shocks on it and it felt very stable but the ground clearance sucked. To lower the front the best way is 450 shocks I wouldn't trust the lowering kit unless your doing flat track or ice racing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts