Raptor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
how long does this take? i wanna do but dont have much time at nite after work and school

·
Registered
546 Posts
ill let you know lol, thinking about going and trying to do it right now . . .

·
Registered
827 Posts
doing mine right now. just painted the link and spent about 40 mins looking for one of the washer insterts that go on the top of the shock.... it was behind the sprocket behind the loom of the two sensors that are just below it..... damn it man. oh well. anyone need any more pics? let me know as ill probably put it back together tomorrow night as my new bearings will be here tomorrow. figured i would do it since it was apart.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
pvmtpounder said:
Ok, finally got around to looking at this. On mine, the bottom of the rebound clicker hits the dogbone. I had to grind both parts slightly to allow them to clear each other. Now it seems good to go...
Kevin
Looks as i will have to do this as well. i can see/tell that mine is doing the same thing. luckly now that the wheels are on and he bearings are done i can stand it up and pull the og bone to grind it and the shock slightly.... itstead of pulling it all back off. :crazy:

·
Registered
546 Posts
as far as what iv heard, it takes maybe 1 hour - hour and a half tops, couting the time it takes the paint to try on the part that you grind down. lol, thats what i was told, and the point is to give you better stability by giving you a better center of gravity. . . . right guys? or an i wrong?

·
Registered
827 Posts
your right... should take about 1.5 hrs with no issues. if you have issues add about a 6 pack of Bud Light and about 1 hrs per issue..... :p

·
Registered
546 Posts
umm well . . . if your looking to raise the back end your in the wrong thread, flipping the rear linkage will lower the rear end, wich would make it set lower than the front

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hammo686 said:
Nope it will put you more close to level then it is right now :thumbsup:
did you do yours yet?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Haven't got the part yet :( Remember i am in Gods Country So It Take Till the second coming of Christ to get stuff here... I probably wont see it till around Feb15th :eek:

·
Registered
546 Posts
oh yea, forgott about that man lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
what do you guys mean by paint the ground edges so they won't rust? does it mean actually paint them with paint? i feel dumb. lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Once you have Ground the edges where the Coils would hit as shown in pics on page 1...

Pic a color of Paint (SprayPaint) that would look good on your Linkage (In comparison to the rest of Quad)

I Would then Clean the Piss Outta It I Mean with a tooth Brush and paint thinner or brake cleaner... What ever you wanna use to clean it..... Plug the Holes where you sleeves and Bolts go.... Then Me personelly i would heat it up until You Couldnt touch it... But Not to Hot as to avoid any bad things from happening.... But when you are heating it up if you watch close you will see the Condensation actually Disappear From the linkage heat for a few more seconds after that Then Spraybomb that thing.... wait ten minutes.... Do It again wait ten minutes do it again i forgot to mention to only heat it up the one time and If you can find a way to Hang it So You do not have to touch it until it is done then do that :thumbsup: IMHCO... This is Exactly how i plan to do it :thumbsup:

61 - 80 of 300 Posts