Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES...i used the search and did NOT see anything on there about this...

i noticed..a few of you guys had the rear tires(stock) flipped....does that actually help???

ive never heard of doin that...i ride in mostly sand/grass trails...and alot of mud...cuz its always wet here...

so would this help me ouut in shallow mud??? or should i just leave em the way they are?????????

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
I flipped mine but it started out as an accident because I was too busy bs-ing while I was taking my paddles off to notice what I was doing. I liked them flipped though and would still fun them that way. That is of course if I didnt blow the sidewall out of one of them...haha

·
Registered
58 Posts
i dont think manufacturers would put the tires on their quads the way they come if they worked better backwards... but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
269 Posts
that is how i always ran the banchee, cheap way to get a little wider on the rear
never tryed it on the raptor

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
My buddy put his sand paddle on backwards and it was hilarious!!!! :lol: :lol: I don't recommend this though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
onelunglow said:
My buddy put his sand paddle on backwards and it was hilarious!!!! :lol: :lol: I don't recommend this though.
i didnt mean flip the rims...i jus meant put the left side rim and tire on the right...and vise versa

the reason i ask is...i get stuck all the time....i kno its not a mud bike....but even very shallow stuff...

im lookin for a more agressive tire for the rear to help ....any recomendations???

i really like the look of the itp mudlite....anybody have em??

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
I did it to mine. Did it help? I dunno :lol: It looks like it would bite a lil better than the other way, but not too noticeable to me at least

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
onelunglow said:
I did the same thing on my wife's bike. She couldn't figure out why she kept getting stuck! My frinds pointed it out to me finally, I was the retard of the trip! :lol:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Buck said:
I did it to mine. Did it help? I dunno :lol: It looks like it would bite a lil better than the other way, but not too noticeable to me at least
I had the exact same experience. I noticed a real difference when I swapped out the stock tires for some Razr2's :lol:.

Shawn

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd go with an ITP Mudlite for that type of riding. I've gotten through all kinds of sh*t with those tires. They offer 20" and 22" diameters as well....I went with the 22's for clearance.

:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts