Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get a large group to ride at Big Scrub in the beginning of December. I know a few people will already be in. Need more. We can all campout but we should make reservations. We can meet up on Saturday Morning (Early). That means Palm Beach County and south will need to leave at around 5:30 am. It takes 4 hours from Miami with no serious stops. We ride all day Saturday, BBQ that night, Ride half day Sunday and head home. Alexander springs has showers you can use for a $5.00 entrance fee. The campground is $6.00 per night per vehicle. I can meet up with anyone who is worried about getting lost. Wives and kids should come to. They would have a great time at the springs.

I hope Florida represents.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sunday I am riding in Clewiston from Miami. You should meet us. I'd like to plan the other ride for the first or second week of December.

·
Registered
207 Posts
let me talk to grandsport and see what hes doing, i dont know if i can get outta work on saturday, but let me check if i can im game.

·
Registered
91 Posts
RaptorFreak said:
This sunday I am riding in Clewiston from Miami. You should meet us. I'd like to plan the other ride for the first or second week of December.
what kind of riding is at clewiston? is it mud or sand. I went to a spot on sebring a few weeks ago that was pretty good with no heat up.
I may be in for the clewiston ride, what time are you heading out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clewiston is pretty cool. The best way to describe it is to say it is an undeveloped nieghborhood. It has sand, mud a track and some pretty good trial. Also has paved asphault streets with quarter mile lines painted for drags. It is not as big as Ocala, but it is pretty good. There are no houses built there, but recently they layed what looks like waterline for future building. The place is always loaded with other riders, but not to crowded. Best of all, NO COPS!!!!
It's the best i've found down south.

·
Registered
202 Posts
hey boss, i can meet you sunday with blue700, and we will ride that day, but no chance on a stay the night on sat

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't go back to Ocala this weekend. Gotta work Saturday. I'll be up there real soon. Let you guys know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ill gladl go the 3rd, just let me know if you wanna go up. i think m and blue700 are gonna go up and stay the night at my gramps house, he lives in eureka, so we could definately catch up with ya

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, these are the directions from Miami. Don't know exactly where you are coming from. I take US 27 north past Clewiston for around 10 or 15 minutes. You will see state road 80 toward Ft. Myers. This is where it gets hard. You keep going north on 80. You will see a Shell gas station on the left. Keep going north. there are radio towers on the right hand side of the road. You are going to turn left at the second one. It is around 4 to 5 minutes past the Shell. The road is paved. Go straight. Turn right at the first paved street. Follow that across the bridge. You will see all the bikes and trucks parked everywhere. The place is pretty spread out.

I hope this helps. If you need to you can e-mail me for my cell number. I am definately riding on Sunday. Maybe Saturday too. Not sure about work.

Email : [email protected]

·
Registered
207 Posts
you still going to ocala next weekend?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm gonna try. I'll let you know during the week. Hectic at work.

·
Registered
202 Posts
whenver you get the chance man, had a blast rdin with ya. im definately in on riding in dec. just gimme time date and place

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trying for Saturday and Sunday. Which days can you guys ride? I'm pretty sure i'll be up Friday night and stay in Orlando. We need to get a large group together.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys can't go Saturday?

·
Registered
207 Posts
me and grandpsort will be there on sunday no problem we are meeting up with mpeavler in orangecity and heading to ocala for big ride on sunday, and lookin forward to riding with everyone.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.