Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
No but I don't particularly like Rancho either...I just rode all weekend at Ocala, it was fun. I'm uploading some vids now...I may be going to a smaller trail sometime this week if you want to come up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Whats your youtube page I want to see. Yea I was in Seitsa Key all weekend wit the kids. Were u talking about going. We are going to be getting a big storm here tomorrow. Just let me know were and when I will let u know if i can make it.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I'll probably make a post in a few once I finish editing some vids. I forgot about that damn storm...maybe next week then. the nice thing about ocala is it's very sandy and it rarely if ever gets flooded on the trails. usually just a few puddles here and there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Do you need a permit to ride at Rancho ?
no but the county shut down the house that let people park on there land for a small fee....

GOT THIS OFF OF TAMPARACING

Well, boys and girls, it has happened.
Polk County Code Enforcement has CLOSED the parking area. Rancho Zephyrhills parking area is done. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks to all who participated
and enjoyed . Everyone will have to find another way in. They think that closing the parking area they will people from going to Rancho. Fat chance!! Please let everybody know so they will be aware.. It was fun and we'll cya around.

Just so you guys know. Polk and Pasco are teaming up and have given landowners and neighbors some options. Sell the front lots to the county for $1 but the county will reissue tittles make original owners part owners. The county will fence the front. The other option is to get ahold of front land owners and get the property surveyed and then each lot fenced. This is to give trespassing warning/warrants. IDK why they are only worried about the front?

They WILL be coming out over the entire property soon but since its private the only thing they will be doing is monitoring and giving littering tickets. They will issue them at the max too which is $500.

so lets enjoy before they shut this place down....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the info Raptor-ing-it never been there but it always sucks when they shut a place down were everyone sounded like they had fun at...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'll probably make a post in a few once I finish editing some vids. I forgot about that damn storm...maybe next week then. the nice thing about ocala is it's very sandy and it rarely if ever gets flooded on the trails. usually just a few puddles here and there.
is there any muddy trails in ocala ? like in rancho for 4x4s. i have a 660 but i do
enjoy the mud.. i dont like going home clean :D. never been to ocala is there a place to camp like croom?

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Muddy not really, I'm not into the mud thing at all anymore. There's no camping directly at most trailheads but there is one "primitive" camping area at Delancey near Salt springs and a few RV parks/campgrounds near all of them. I'm going to Wandering Wiregrass near Altoona when the weather clears up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wandering Wiregrass is that some were different then Ocala i just watched a you tube video of that place looks like fun

·
Registered
17 Posts
I looked it up and it said you need a Ocala National forest permit do you need a title for the 4 wheeler to get a permit ???

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for the info Raptor-ing-it never been there but it always sucks when they shut a place down were everyone sounded like they had fun at...
roncho front entrance should start to dry up a bit so go out there and have some fun before they really put a nail in it

but yea it sucks they shut down dirty foot adventures to http://www.dirtyfootadventures.com/
for some other bullshit reasons but then again once there done they will
have bathrooms and showers for people that camp

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I looked it up and it said you need a Ocala National forest permit do you need a title for the 4 wheeler to get a permit ???
Title or a bill of sale that shows ownership...I have some vids at Wandering wiregrass (under RangerX5 on Youtube). it's basically a 10 dollar fee to ride there but most of the time no rangers are there anyways.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wire grass looks like fun but,delancy looks like you had alot more fun.Even it looked like those guys were kind of leaving you behind at times,when you really got on the gas you caught up with them. I want to go riding in these places one time wiht you guys.How far are these two places from miami,fl? Delancy and Wandering Wiregrass.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Yeah I like to give them a little room then I nail the gas...cause a couple times I'd almost run into the back of them. I ride at a pace I feel comfortable with, and the other guys have way more experience than I do riding.

Both are probably 4-5 hours away from miami...if you were to make a trip up, I'd recommend delancey for sure, it's about 10 times as big as wandering wiregrass.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey guys, we are planning a trip to CROOM on the weekend of November 26/27. This is the weekend following Thanksgiving. So far I have approximately 14 people from South Florida that will be making the trip. Let me know if any of you guys want to meet up there.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
I might be interested in going then, we'll see how it looks when it's closer. I'm about 1.5 hours from Croom but haven't been there in over a year now...I think the stickers will be down to 50 bucks then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well Spartan I just sold my raptor today and am going to pick up an 06 crf450r on Saturday in clermont and this one has a title so I dont have to worry about any BS so let me know when u are ready to ride

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Sweet, my buddy has a CRF250R (red bike in my vids). I'm waiting on a bracket for my shock rezzy and the raptor will be ready to go, just got most of the crap swapped around today. If I can find a way to secure my rezzy I might be up for a ride sunday.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts