Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I don't think you could take very much metal off the stock flywheel. It has a rubber seperator in the middle of it.

Someone sells a -17oz one-piece flywheel though.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
From what I remember the different one-way design changed something about the flywheel. TT has said that if you use the 04/05 one-way assembly you can use the TT flywheel on any year.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Its an option I explored, even got specs on the flywheel, I figured with the amount of steel you'd be able to shave before you ruin it is not worth the gain....not worth it..get the after market if possible,..don't look into the counterweights either, that is also another bad idea I thought of earlier on.

Maddog-so the oneway from a 04-05 will fit a 01-03, then you can get the lighter flywheel that'll fit on the 04-05 oneway?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
That's the idea TT has conveyed. 04/05 one-way with their flywheel will work on previous years. A guy on ATVC had a demo and some more info a while back, I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The 01-03 flywheel with a L&A oneway wieghs 6oz more than the 04-05 TT -17 with L&A one way.If you want to lighten yor 04-05 model just go to the older style setup.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
so technically if you already have an 01-03', don't touch the flywheel if you already have the l&a oneway, because your going to spend a lot of money just to shave 6 oz. But you can if you have the money to blow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts