Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I recently bought a raptor 660 second hand I had someone come down to look at it and when trying to start it the engine wasn’t engaging after doing some research I found out it was the starter clutch and I bought an aftermarket one I left all the work to my mechanic and the bike was starting up again yesterday I took it for a ride and it switched off and when I tried starting it again there was a loud bang and all I could hear was the starter turning again upon opening the casing again I see that the flywheel has gotten attached to what I think is the stator(red coils on the case) and the nut was loose the key has also been sheared but what I’m worried about is the flywheel stuck to the casing how do I go about removing it,it seems pretty snug in there

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n lexx exhaust
491 Posts
you'll need a flywheel puller to get it off. the crank is tapered so when you install it everything needs to be nice and dry and tightened to spec. have him put a little locktite on the thread for the flywheel when he reinstalls and make sure to torque to spec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you'll need a flywheel puller to get it off. the crank is tapered so when you install it everything needs to be nice and dry and tightened to spec. have him put a little locktite on the thread for the flywheel when he reinstalls and make sure to torque to spec.
I have another question when I gave it a look again the disk with the one way bearing that was attached to the gear is now just bolted onto the flywheel when I replaced the starter clutch the disk with the bearing was attached to the gear will this be a problem and do I need to replace it?

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n lexx exhaust
491 Posts
I have another question when I gave it a look again the disk with the one way bearing that was attached to the gear is now just bolted onto the flywheel when I replaced the starter clutch the disk with the bearing was attached to the gear will this be a problem and do I need to replace it?
the flywheel and the one way are bolted together yes, its all about making sure the flywheel is mounted onto the crank tightly and correctly as the flywheel is tapered. have to make sure to loctite and tighten to spec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts