Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2001 Raptor 660. Would like some jetting info. The motor is all stock except for a FMF powerbomb header, powercore 4 muffler, a twin air Dual stage powerflow filter kit, and no air box lid. Just wondering what mains, pilot jets, fuel screw adjustment, and position of needles. Is it worth upgrading to a jet kit with different needles, or are the needles not a big gain?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It's worth getting a good kit and start by using the settings in the directions for your altitude. That will at least get you close and you can fine tune from there. I put the GYT-R in my rappy and it was a little rich following the settings in the directions, but I put the DynoJet in my wife's Z400 and it seems right on the money.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
We had the same pipe on an otherwise stock 02 using a Pro-design K&N kit and no lid.

Ran 165/170 mikuni mains with OEM needles on the 4th clip (one richer than stock) and 25 pilots. It had run pretty well on 160/165 but there was still a bit of backfire on deceleration so we bumped the mains one size and that took care of it while still being responsive up top.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i run dyno jet jets...146 148 mains..seems to rich but runs good

25 pilots and needles 4rth from the top low and mid range are really good

i have the same mods as you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the factory needles work just fine? Or is it worth the money to purchase either the GYT-R or Dynojet needles?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i went with the dj kit came with everything needles and all..made a world of difference on the low end..i have to go up or down a step on the mains to get the top end right...im thinking mines rich up top..

·
Registered
14 Posts
tv_660 said:
So the factory needles work just fine? Or is it worth the money to purchase either the GYT-R or Dynojet needles?
After doing the Freeze intake mod, mounting a slip on, and Pro Flow foam with no lid, I couldn't get my bike to stop bogging lean at full throttle, and that was with 165/170 mikuni mains. I got the DJ needles and went back down to 160/165 with the DJ needles at the 3rd clip and my bike rips. Those stock needles are so stingy at full throttle. I can't figure out how people get Raptors to run well at all with stock needles, pipe, intake mods etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.