Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just got an FCI and i was wondering if anyone has found a foam that can be used with the fci. I remember few years back TQS was offering a uni caged foam filter for the fci but i cannot find it. GNCC racers like Hunter Hart are running FCI with foam filters..

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,274 Posts
Hi, i just got an FCI and i was wondering if anyone has found a foam that can be used with the fci. I remember few years back TQS was offering a uni caged foam filter for the fci but i cannot find it. GNCC racers like Hunter Hart are running FCI with foam filters..
Why do you want foam? You can find a universal that is the correct ID. The FCI filter is better than K&N with more layers of gauze. Just add a Outerwears pre filter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its an 8-ply filter and it comes with the outerwear pre filter. I was just curious if there are any foam options available just so i can use it on a few muddy rides only. I have seen people running a foam on top of it in some gncc races on yfzr's.

·
Registered
65 Posts
  1. Yeah k&n aren't really meant for off road according to them. I wrap my fci with a uni foam pod. If you run trails the k&n style isn't recommended, Even with the pre filter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
  1. Yeah k&n aren't really meant for off road according to them. I wrap my fci with a uni foam pod. If you run trails the k&n style isn't recommended, Even with the pre filter.
Thats what i was looking for. Do you have any pics or even a part number?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts