Raptor Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Because the meat has so much flavor we usually just do Worcestershire for a couple hours and then a little garlic. Santa Maria style marinades seem to be pretty popular too. To each his own.
The most surprising part to me is that you are only just now trying this cut! I may have to go out and grab one to do this week now. Hungry.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Because the meat has so much flavor we usually just do Worcestershire for a couple hours and then a little garlic. Santa Maria style marinades seem to be pretty popular too. To each his own.
The most surprising part to me is that you are only just now trying this cut! I may have to go out and grab one to do this week now. Hungry.
Yeah I saw it before at the store but didn't really understand what it was. I'd always think I'll search that and fast forward and couple hours and sobriety has left me and so has all previous thoughts lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
They broke apart when I was flipping them.

·
Super Moderator
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Address?

always looks delicious j....

·
Registered
817 Posts
I read the headline of your post and I knew it would be a rack of ribs.

Reactions: jsanders347

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Stayed at the house to "get stuff done" and made another tri tip.

·
Registered
817 Posts
He’s hooked!

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
He’s hooked!
I'm very impressed with this cut. I smoked it at 180 until it hit 120 internal temperature. Then I put it in the sous vide at 127 for about three hours and finally seared it 500 for three minutes on each side. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and cooked in the sous vide with some Worcestershire sauce.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Well that is very interesting. What was your finished IT?
I’ve been really wanting to pick one of those things up too. There’s a guy on YouTube I watch who does Sous Vide Everything and he turns out some pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I actually didn't temp it at the end. I'd guess 132ish?

If you don't have a sous vide you need one. Talk about perfect steaks.

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Super Moderator
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Well, that is different.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts