Raptor Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Why’s that? I just need a decent tire at a cost effective price for a guy who will only hit the dunes once or twice a year. I’m going to Moab, Arapeen, and then Sand Mountain in April. I just want to pick up something I can run there at SM and have fun with. I know my girl will love it and want to go back.

The only other option I have seen so far is to go new with those Douglas wheels, and a set of 20x11x10 ITP Sand Stars, altogether running about $300 just for a rear set on a tire that is not so highly recommended.

I'll send pics, but you might not like the tires I have. For your build and dry sand I would suggest 21x12, 8 or 9 paddle Scats. Keep a eye out on your local Craig's list or Offer-Up.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Why’s that? I just need a decent tire at a cost effective price for a guy who will only hit the dunes once or twice a year. I’m going to Moab, Arapeen, and then Sand Mountain in April. I just want to pick up something I can run there at SM and have fun with. I know my girl will love it and want to go back.

The only other option I have seen so far is to go new with those Douglas wheels, and a set of 20x11x10 ITP Sand Stars, altogether running about $300 just for a rear set on a tire that is not so highly recommended.
20 inch Skats have a tendency to dig holes when starting off and also have reduced ground clearance. 21 inch Skats are wider and taller. They roll easier and get better traction.

Sand Stars are a good tire after the Skats.
Some sand tires just don't work well, like Sand Shark and Sand Gecko.

Pictures sent.

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Wheel pictures sent.

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Do you have any sand wheels/tires?
2 Skat Trak Haulers and 4 DWT wheels shipped to Cali.
2 tracking numbers sent.

THANKS for your purchase.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Excellent service. 10/10 would do business with again. Thanks Dez!

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
2 Skat Trak Haulers and 4 DWT wheels shipped to Cali.
2 tracking numbers sent.

2 packages out for delivery.
Just like Christmas for you lately, haha.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Got those wheels n tires. Thanks brother. Just hit America’s Tire to have them throw some bead sealant on, to mount the new tires I got, and swap valve stems. Charged me $8 bucks out the door. Can’t argue that!

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Got those wheels n tires. Thanks brother. Just hit America’s Tire to have them throw some bead sealant on, to mount the new tires I got, and swap valve stems. Charged me $8 bucks out the door. Can’t argue that!
That's a good deal. If you haven't already got one, you might consider a 15 tooth sprocket with those tires.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I never swapped it, but I think there’s a 15 on there. I could be wrong. I know the bike I’m going to look at tomorrow has a 13 on there “for more torque”. Def gonna change that.
With my street bikes I always swapped chain and front/rear sprockets at the same time. How necessary is it with the Raptor?

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I never swapped it, but I think there’s a 15 on there. I could be wrong. I know the bike I’m going to look at tomorrow has a 13 on there “for more torque”. Def gonna change that.
With my street bikes I always swapped chain and front/rear sprockets at the same time. How necessary is it with the Raptor?
Chains and sprockets should always be changed together. If any of the three are replaced, the other two will wear out the new one faster. With the front being 3 times smaller then the rear it wears the fastest. You'll see the teeth start to curl at the worst. I feel if you change a $15 - $20 front sprocket more often the rear will last longer. Have 2 or 3 front sprockets in your tool box and rotate them occasionally. Then, when the rear is worn change all 3. You can rotate front and rear just by flipping them over and the rear facing teeth are now the front facing teeth. Except for a very small 11 or 12 tooth sprocket, the chain is the weakest link. Don't buy the cheapest chain because it's color matches our plastic. But a good "X ring chain in the highest strength as you can.

·
Registered
417 Posts
You got a PCV?

·
Registered
417 Posts
And what’s up with that pivot works needle bearing kit? My new Raptor has play on one bracket on the lower a arm. It is aftermarket long travel though. Think it would tighten it up?

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
3 fuel controllers are already old. One to the guy who bought my bike, one to Michigan, and I forget the other.

I'll have to look at the at the a-arm kit again. I think it does one pair of arms. lowers, uppers or either side.
It uses needle bearings instead of bushings for longer wear. The kit replaces factory bushings and any aftermarket arms using factory style bushings. I'll get you pictures.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Savage ok send me some pics when you can

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Tracking number sent.

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Complete list updated and more added. New and used parts for sale. Let me know what you're interested in and I'll get you a package deal with shipping. I can send pictures to a phone or email.
The more you buy, the more you save!!

NEW PARTS;

$200, Raptor 700, CP 105.5 big bore stroker pistons

$13, Raptor 700 Throttle cable in throttle body "brass" connector

$20, Raptor 700 left headlight bracket (old body style)

2013 Raptor 700 SE Decal set. Red, White and Blue

$17 each, Parking brake lever relocator. Used with hand guards for clearance.

$OLD, 700 Pivot Works A-Arm pivot needle bearing kit, #PWAAK-Y02-000L. Banshee, Blaster, Warrior, YFZ450, Raptor 250/350/660/700

$OLD, 4, new tie rod ends, 2 left, 2 right. Fit Yamahas including YFZ450, Raptor 660, 700, and Arctic Cat 150, 250, 300, 400. Kawasaki 400, Polaris 90, Suzuki 250,400, and 500.

$17, 700 Stator Wire heat shield

$14, 700 Factory Spec FS-428 Severe Duty rear brake pads. 450 Rhino-660, 700

$14, Raptor 700, 14 tooth front sprocket

USED PARTS;

$15, 700 Like new coil, take off

$25, 700 Starter Motor

$20, 700 Starter gears

MOST electrical bells and whistles, ECU, starters, stators, fuel pump, coils, etc.

$25, Factory injector, Raptor 700, cleaned and tested. Good for up to about 65-75HP.

$75, 550 injector, Raptor 700, good for about 85-90HP or E85,

$200 GREAT Transmission except reverse, and have other internal parts.

700 shift forks and drum

700 Plastic, tank covers and undertails, some new and assorted colors

$95, Seat, excellent condition, no rips or cracks, Raptor 700.

$180, Extended steering stem with Anti-Vibe clamps, 7/8 and/or 1 1/8 bars. 700 +1.5, 660 +2.0, 450 +.5, Banshee +2.5

Rear axle seals, Raptor 700.

$95, Front calipers, good pads, hoses and master cylinder w/lever, Raptor 700, or upgrade for 660. (Complete front brake system).

$55, Front calipers, lots of brake pads left. Raptor 660, may need rebuild kit.

$20, Front rotors, Raptor 700 and 660

$40, Front winch mount, Raptor 700

Tie rods; stock, and extended, and HD tie rods and HD tie rod ends (HD tie rod ends require spindle drilling). Raptor 660, 700

$35Pr - $45Pr, Rear wheel hubs, 4/115, fits ALL Yamaha sport quads.

$40Pr, Front wheel hubs with rotors, 5/156, YFZ450, Raptor 660, 700, and Banshee

$20Pr, Front rotors, YFZ450, Raptor 660, 700, Banshee

$40, Raptor 700 oil tank and hoses

$45, Raptor 700 Gas tank, nice

$14 each, 4, In-line billet, water coolers, universal

700 motor mounts

Raptor 700 swing arm

700 valve and cam covers.

700 Ignition switches

THOR, Phase, Blue Riding pants, padded, Size 40, but fit my 36-38 waist well.

Bilt Riding boots, size 12, blue & black.

Side cases, stators, one ways, clutch assemblies and individual parts.

Raptor 700 foot pegs

Raptor 700 foot pegs, lowered 1in, forward 1in.

$85, Raptor 700 HD rear shock spring, 250-300lb. Also works with extended swing arm. PM for recommendations.

$85, Raptor 700 HD rear shock spring, 300-375lb. Also works with extended swing arm.

Need more, just ask. I have lots more then what's listed'

THANKS, Larry
Updated list. THANKS everyone.

Lots of great parts left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I’m new to the forum.
machine on the hoist is a 04 raptor 660
Parts I know I need so far
Clutch gear(to mount to rear of Hinson basket), crankshaft primary drive (5lp-11536-10-00), inner clutch hub, clutch cover, clutch disks, a arm bushings uppers , brakes , control cable 5LP- 2637E-10-00, exhaust silencer, rear hub bearings (sorry don’t know what they are called)

·
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Most of my parts are for a Raptor 700. Some will interchange for a 660. Unfortunately, none that you are looking for.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts