Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for handle bars and wanted to ask you guys that have them,

Where does the key go after handlebar is installed?

Also do I need to get new grips with it or will the stockers do alright... ?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
the plastic piece that holds the key still stays in place with aftermarket, at least with the ones i have, pro tapers SE atv HI bend. they have a cross bar, they do rub a little on full lock.
stock grips won't be re-useable, new grips are like 10bucks, get some nice gels' or something, use grip glue, will work great

·
Registered
988 Posts
I just Zip-tied mine up front of the barpad, its sturdy enough and dont look 2 outta place

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like that Dr. D!

anyone got a found a place that has really good deals! I prefer BLACK. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I have the Pro Taper Se Black bars in Raptor bend. I really love them bars look alot better. The plastic where the key is just clips back into place. And get some nice grips and your good to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
unless you plan on buying a new stem or riser, I would go with the protaper se raptor bend. It bolts right on so you don't have to move the key, buy new mounts, and does not rub on the tank. I have not heard of the bars in your last post, but bars for $20???? I wouldn't get your hopes up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
spider grips! once you try you'll never go back

·
Registered
584 Posts
I second the dr d. relocater.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What would yall recommend me since I am confused on this subject...

I want a black bar w/black spidergrips

I want it to be quality but dont really feel like spending over $100

I would like a bar that comes a little closer to me possibly..... someone give me a link to what I shold get

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
if it's under 100$ you want,then pro taper SE raptor bend / black with black spider grips, i wouldn't get 20$ bars,just for the fact that if the quality is bad,well you don't want to have some kinda problem while steering, that could cost you your life!
www.magicracing.com
www.rockymountainatv.com
and don't forget the grip glue! and make sure to get alot at the ends of the bars, mine came kinda loose and now i'm thinking of putting on new grips, i used the saftey wire at the front and end but still came kinda loose, i shoulda used more glue

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok I like those handle bars, now.... If I get the Dr. Reverse and remove the white piece that holds the key completely, will i need to get a bracket to hold the handlebar to make it look nicer than the crappy little clamps that come stock?

·
Registered
584 Posts
You dont have to but yes they do sell nicer clamp kits. 7/8 is the bar size I believe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts