Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on my direct replacement Spal fan from universal parts. They said I've got the correct fan and they have sold lots of them without a complaint. However, on my quad, no matter what the rotation, the adapter plate just simply isn't big enough to line up with all three mount points. The best I can do is only get two of the three bolts in. This is not a big deal, as I'm sure using two bolts will work fine, just curious if anyone else ran into this????

Factory fan:

Spal fan:

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
It's been awhile since I installed mine...but it seems like all 3 lined up on mine, I will go look.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
My plate is different from that one, all three line up on mine. looks like yours was boxed wrong I think it's for a 660. Look at the pic on Ebay for the 700, the wings on the plate are wider than the fan! The 660 one looks just like the one you got.

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
You can always run a bracket from the fan to the other mount.

Do you know what the CFM difference between the two is?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Yes...you have a different plate than mine also...all 3 line up on mine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent Spal this information, requesting they send me the correct 700 plate.

This fan is rated at 440cfm. Not sure about the stock fan. I can tell you this, this fan moves a noticeable amount more air than the stock fan. When it is running, I can really feel the hot air hitting me when seated on the quad. I could never tell when the stock fan was running.

Not sure if it really helps with extra cooling though. Since cut in is 220 and cut out is I think 190, the extra cfm just means when the fan comes on, it takes a shorter period of time to hit 190 and shut off, therefore the fan cycles more. It would only provide extra cooling if your stock fan is running constantly.

I did this because with all the mud and water I have gone through, my stock fan seized. This fan was cheaper than the yamaha fan (but not by much as they charged me $77 shipping to Canada!!!!), and will hopefully prevent further failure, as it is supposed to be waterproof.

I think I ran a year without a fan and didn't even notice! The extra heat of the turbo definitely made me notice!

Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts