Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been saving to buy duals then was at track on weekend with a guy who has dmc force four duals and he was saying he has problems with the left side exhaust hitting the chain with the stock mounts does anybody else have same problem and not recommend getting the force four duals?

·
Registered
123 Posts
We run our bikes real low over here as we can use them on the street and the chain cuts into the force fours real quick.The last set that I fitted for a large guy cut through the pipe in about an hour or so.
The cure we found is to cut 3/4 of an inch out of the pipe and get it tigged back up.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think he meant to type "rigged"

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry i didn't make myself more clear, we cut 3/4" from the front pipe to move the bend that is above the front sprocket then get the pipe tig welded back together. This gives you allot more clearance for the chain.

·
Registered
68 Posts
By putting on a stiffer spring it can save the rubbing on the duals as the factory spring was not intended for anyone over 160lbs. Adding a longer swinger only adds to the problem.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
thinking twice now bout getting duals may go for the sparks single tqs recommends it, is anyone else running a sparks exhaust?thoughts?
Barker and DMC provides an awesome power boost from a stock or modded motor. The chain rubbing while spoke of from time to time on the forums isn't too common for the average rider. :)

Never even had a nick on my force 4's and not a small guy
It's not common to have rubbing issues, but when the stock suspension wears out combined with aggressive riding habits you'll run into it eventually.

By putting on a stiffer spring it can save the rubbing on the duals as the factory spring was not intended for anyone over 160lbs. Adding a longer swinger only adds to the problem.
The longer swinger as Steelestang said adds to the problem due to the added leverage. Adjusting the the rear spring south will make the ride feel more bouncy, but "should" give you enough clearance to ride extremely aggressive.

i have trinitys and they rub on my chain also....im a fat boy and i got it lowered so i guess im doomed lol im ready to get rid of my duals for a single
You could stiffen up the rear shock by adjusting the rear spring south.

Sorry i didn't make myself more clear, we cut 3/4" from the front pipe to move the bend that is above the front sprocket then get the pipe tig welded back together. This gives you allot more clearance for the chain.
Yikes, that's a lot of work.

All duals hit the chain to some extent.
Some will hit the caliper when ridden hard on the track.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I have barkers and the bike is lowered 2-3" in the rear and have a longer swinger and they still don't rub.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts