Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to keep things around here fairly relaxed, so there's not going to be a lot of nazi moderating going on. However, there are a few simple rules I ask you to follow:

1) No racism. None. Someone joined recently and used a racial slur against someone on their very first post. They're banned now.

2) No personal attacks. If you don't get along with someone, don't post in their threads. If you disagree with somebody, you can argue with them, but keep it civil.

3) Use NWS tags when needed. There is no nudity allowed in Off-Topic. Please keep things PG-13 rated. Non-nude pics of girls in bikinis etc is fine, but make sure you use NWS tags for people that are browsing the forums at work. If the thread you're in doesn't have a NWS tag, don't post NWS content in it until you request that the originator of the thread or a moderator/admin add the tag.

4) Don't whine if your posts get deleted or edited. If you follow the 3 simple rules listed above, we'll all get along wonderfully and none of your posts will be deleted/edited. If they ARE deleted or edited, a note will be left in the original post informing you why.

People breaking the rules are subject to banning with or without prior warnings and are solely up to my discretion.
Thanks for taking a second to read the rules. Remember, they are in place to make sure everyone has a good time. I hope you enjoy posting here and hope raptorforum.com grows into a large community!

·
Registered
426 Posts
this rule needs alittle changing

3) Use NWS tags when needed. I don't care if people post pics of girls, nude or otherwise, in Off-Topic, but make sure you include NWS (Not Work Safe) in the thread title. This goes for anything that is not safe to view at work or around family members -- Nudity, songs/videos that swear, etc. Also, please refrain from posting too much NWS stuff. If this gets out of hand we'll have to just ban all NWS content and we don't want to do that.

we should have no nudity in our forums!!!!!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
q8murder said:
this rule needs alittle changing

3) Use NWS tags when needed. I don't care if people post pics of girls, nude or otherwise, in Off-Topic, but make sure you include NWS (Not Work Safe) in the thread title. This goes for anything that is not safe to view at work or around family members -- Nudity, songs/videos that swear, etc. Also, please refrain from posting too much NWS stuff. If this gets out of hand we'll have to just ban all NWS content and we don't want to do that.

we should have no nudity in our forums!!!!!
Thanks man, I didn't realize that verbage was still there. Eventually I may make a VIP board that only paying members have access to so I can verify their age etc. and that would pretty much be the "anything goes" board.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Some of the member’s avatars are NSFW right now or are inappropriate when my young son is in the room. It just makes it hard to look at non-NSFW threads when there are inappropriate pictures for the avatars, just something else to think about.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Some of the member’s avatars are NSFW right now or are inappropriate when my young son is in the room. It just makes it hard to look at non-NSFW threads when there are inappropriate pictures for the avatars, just something else to think about.
There are over 2600 members on this site and close to 40,000 posts, with both of those numbers increasing every day. We try to scan as many posts, signatures, avatars, etc that we can when browsing, but it's not unheard of for something to slip through the cracks. In this case I ask that you report the post or other possible problem to me so that I can evaluate it and consider further action. In the meantime, we understand your concern and appreciate your membership in this forum. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
thanks guys, its so good to talk with like minded enthuisasts. there aint many here an it gets lonely :(

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
There is also a thread on Post-whore rules
far more relaxed, & a lot more humerous :)

However we do need some guidelines to work within.
I'm probably the most remote person to actively participate in this forum, & really do appreciate the space to share, goof off, & generally enjoy some time with like-minded quad lovers

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
dragonz said:

I'm probably the most remote person to actively participate in this forum, & really do appreciate the space to share, goof off, & generally enjoy some time with like-minded quad lovers
I'll find them and bump them up again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
dragonz said:

I'll find them and bump them up again. :thumbsup:
onya dawg :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Let's try to keep the signature pictures down to around 300-500k in file size. Anything more than that and I'm going to have to ask you to shrink or remove it. Even those of us on broadband connections will grow tired of loading them over and over again.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Let's try to keep the signature pictures down to around 300-500k in file size. Anything more than that and I'm going to have to ask you to shrink or remove it. Even those of us on broadband connections will grow tired of loading them over and over again.
i honestly think that the whole moving shit is a bit to much, get tired of seeing shit moving all the time when i'm reading, i like EVLs but some of the others that i have seen are a bit much

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Yamaha_Man20032365 said:
i honestly think that the whole moving shit is a bit to much, get tired of seeing shit moving all the time when i'm reading, i like EVLs but some of the others that i have seen are a bit much
+1

Simple is key when it comes to signatures... to much movement causes distractions for other people around you even @ work. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
A reminder for forum users, especially those who frequent the OT Lounge:

USE NWS TAGS

If the thread you're in doesn't have a NWS tag, don't post NWS content in it until you request that the originator of the thread or a moderator/admin add the tag.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
N W S = Not Wife Safe :lol:

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
BS is one thing, but I'm sick of the vulgarity and incessant homophobic ramblings.

From now on when I see someone derail a thread with unprovoked perversion, even one in the OT lounge, it's a ban.

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
Mad Dog said:
BS is one thing, but I'm sick of the vulgarity and incessant homophobic ramblings.

From now on when I see someone derail a thread with unprovoked perversion, even one in the OT lounge, it's a ban.
:eek: not that I am guilty of it but, not even a warning?

never mind...I guess this and the the post in the other thread is warning enough :thumbsup:

·
Registered
356 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Can I bring this up again??? Like Downfour. His avatar is down right offensive if you have a 8 year old raptor owner in the room wondering what dad is looking at!!

Just wishful thinking.

Alex

1 - 20 of 23 Posts