Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys,

found a dyno in my area that def seems like they will know what they're doing. question is: i do NOT care about what my HP is. i only want to ensure that my map is perfect. will i only need one run for that?

i copied and pasted below the info off their website. right now, it seems to have a great base map. there is no popping on decel, bogging, etc., so i should have a good map for them to tweak a little. i see the $200 one has "recommendations and tuning" so if I pay for the $85 one, that means my map won't be adjusted? any help is appreciated!

Single Run*
1/ Horsepower and Torque Reading
1/ Horsepower and Torque Printout
1/ Flow Diagnostic, Air/Fuel
Recommendations by Hetrick Racing Technical Team
$85.00

Triple Run*
3/ Horsepower and Torque Reading
3/ Horsepower and Torque Printout
3/ Flow Diagnostic, Air/Fuel
Recommendations and tuning by Hetrick Racing Technical Team
$199.00

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
hey guys,

found a dyno in my area that def seems like they will know what they're doing. question is: i do NOT care about what my HP is. i only want to ensure that my map is perfect. will i only need one run for that?

i copied and pasted below the info off their website. right now, it seems to have a great base map. there is no popping on decel, bogging, etc., so i should have a good map for them to tweak a little. i see the $200 one has "recommendations and tuning" so if I pay for the $85 one, that means my map won't be adjusted? any help is appreciated!

Single Run*
1/ Horsepower and Torque Reading
1/ Horsepower and Torque Printout
1/ Flow Diagnostic, Air/Fuel
Recommendations by Hetrick Racing Technical Team
$85.00

Triple Run*
3/ Horsepower and Torque Reading
3/ Horsepower and Torque Printout
3/ Flow Diagnostic, Air/Fuel
Recommendations and tuning by Hetrick Racing Technical Team
$199.00

That sucks that's what you have to deal with to get a dyno, i paid 150$ and they did as many runs as was needed to make the 7+ hp that i got so i guess i don't uderstand why everyone doesn't do that? I guess what im saying is idk sorry

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'm not really familiar with the dynos/runs/pricing. i called and e-mailed about 5 places, and all of them only do bikes. it's pretty hard to find a quad one, let alone someone that knows what they're doing. i found another guy that is further away, his run prices might be cheaper, but i didn't get any of the details from him yet

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
yeah i'm not really familiar with the dynos/runs/pricing. i called and e-mailed about 5 places, and all of them only do bikes. it's pretty hard to find a quad one, let alone someone that knows what they're doing. i found another guy that is further away, his run prices might be cheaper, but i didn't get any of the details from him yet
You definitely want to go with one that is very knowledgeable with quad tunning so you don't have to pay anymore or get less then what is needed to to get the job done correctly proper tunning of the map = hp so it goes hand in hand

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Nobody can perfectly tune any bike in 1 run...and 3 is cutting it short. When I get my bike to the dyno it takes 10-15+ runs to dial it in.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn, guess i'll have to do the 3 run or talk to them and see what else they can do for more runs. thanks for the input!

·
Registered
415 Posts
that's hetrick racing or whatever isn't it? i would think that since they ONLY deal with quads, that they would be pretty good at it. now 3 runs may not get it perfect, but i'm sure it would be better than any of the generic maps that us pittsburghers get. did you call west hills honda? they say on there site that they dyno and from the picture, they have a dyno that can do quads. they are probably gonna be pricey tho.

i was gonna hit up hetricks once spring hits so i can get a good map for the main time i ride.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i e-mailed west hills honda, but haven't gotten a response yet. i am going to call them soon though.

i agree, i think even three runs will be better than a generic map. my boyfriend raced almost pro-am and his other racing buddy was sponsored by hetricks. he said they're great to deal with. lol that's exactly what i told hetricks on the phone was that i wanted to come once the weather breaks...figured the same thing...get a good map before riding season starts

·
Registered
415 Posts
yeah. i ride in the snow some, but it leans out the afr. since i just finished my rebuild and installed the pcv, i think i'll prob hold off to ride till it warms up. i'll break it in, and head up there. i think hetricks would prob be better since they only do quads i think. so i'll be heading there even though its a little farther.

·
Registered
415 Posts
so i'll assume that the first run will tell them what your at, then they will adjust. run again, and adjust, run the third time and adjust. so basically the closer your original map, the better the final tune will be?

it would be nice to live out west where dyno's are everywhere. supply and demand is a bitch. :lol: i find it hard to believe that there isn't more shops around here with all the quad and dirtbike riders/racers from the area.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm def going to do the three runs and just see what they can do. i know, i wish we had more dynos like the people out west, but the only reason i can think of is that they have the dunes and a ton of drag quads....where we just have the trail quads ?
thanks for everyone's input!

·
Registered
133 Posts
yeah i am lookin to do a dyno on my quad to get a good map for my beast. 300 though..... it better be one good freakin map ha but i said i wanted a perfect map but tit makes since when he said there is no such thing cause you have to deal with bike temp and elevation..... those things constantly change but as long as you have something to cover the rest your golden! ha oh well id rather pay 185 instead of 300

1 - 13 of 13 Posts