Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bearing the Burden of Proof
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much difficulty with two other kits, I FINALLY found a very nice kit that is actual plug 'n play. I'm not going to go into all the issues I had with another company, but I sure I wish I would've found the kit I have now earlier on. The downside is that it is not a bi-xenon so therefore it only works on low beams. The upside is that it comes with the plug wired in which goes right into one of the headlight plugs and the relay is pre-wired. No splicing necessary and the hardest part (if you want to call it that) is the running and tucking of the wires. I obviously can't speak to longevity at this point, but they both fire right up and look great. It does cost $75 shipped, but I think this is a phenomenal deal since everything is pre-wired with no cutting or splicing necessary. The bulbs also go in beautifully.... I can't wait to do some night riding at the dunes next weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120738237132?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_4051wt_1270

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I'm looking forward to a review, I have a question though....what happens when you turn on the highbeams? Do the headlights go out or stay on? Just curious to see how this would impact my setup.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you turn on the high beams, the lights go out just as if they were in the off position. The male plug (from the ballast) goes into the stock female plug from the bike, but the male plug only has two wires (low beam, and ground) going into it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
bi-xenon ... has both hi and low... i ordered a set from this guy on ebay. ive dealt with alot of hid kits and from the pics these look like a pretty standard plug and play set but ill let ya know when i get them and get it all installed.

same kit as above post but these are both HI/LOW (bi-xenon) in one bulb so you wont loose the use of your hi/low switch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc2a32213&vxp=mtr

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bi-xenon ... has both hi and low... i ordered a set from this guy on ebay. ive dealt with alot of hid kits and from the pics these look like a pretty standard plug and play set but ill let ya know when i get them and get it all installed.

same kit as above post but these are both HI/LOW (bi-xenon) in one bulb so you wont loose the use of your hi/low switch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc2a32213&vxp=mtr
The kit you have ordered is not a plug and play kit, it requires the plug to be cut from the bike and spliced in. I only know because that is the EXACT kit I just returned after a multitude of problems. To the seller's credit, he did refund the entire amount plus return shipping. I'm not trying to bash anyone else's kit, but the basis of my post was to relay how well put together the kit is that I just ordered. I did want to have the hi/lo capability that the bi-xenon kit offers (which is why I ordered the kit you mentioned), however, too many problems led me another way.

·
Registered
109 Posts
well that sux... from the pics it seemed to be plug n play... hmm o well good thing im good at soldering wires.

either way thanks for the heads up.. now im not nearly as excited about my new hid kit lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi just installed this exact kit about a month ago. Havnt had a chance to night ride with them yet but they seem heaps bright. Btw if they both don't turn on after u installed them don't worry, u have to have the bike running for them to both power up.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
I'm looking forward to a review, I have a question though....what happens when you turn on the highbeams? Do the headlights go out or stay on? Just curious to see how this would impact my setup.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Jeff, I bought a set off of DDMtuning.com about a year ago. No splicing or cutting and you can pick wether you want them to be on your hi beams or low beams. Best part it was only 45! Think it went up to 55, but has no relay. I've ran them for over a year and no need for a relay.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Thats whats up Cammy! I definitely want HID's but dont want them to go out when hi's go on is all. At very worst case I could get a little midevil and do some splicin on my own.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
there should be a HID product review from how many different ones ive read that people had but noone says how "good" they are. Cammy is the first ive seen saying how long hes had them. I would like to get some myself or just get some good fog lights and put them in the bumper. But im sure HID's would blow fog lights out of the water.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
When I rode with Cammy at LS during our night time trail adventure his HID's were really nice. They definitely extended the field of view over the stock bulbs with a brilliant white glow. Its nice when form and function kick ass!

·
4,450 Posts
Agreed! HIDs on the sand should be a requirement, help define the sand SO much better than stockers.

P.S.
Jeff at one point I think I saw your light beam penetrating through a dune! :rofl:

·
4,450 Posts
there should be a HID product review from how many different ones ive read that people had but noone says how "good" they are. Cammy is the first ive seen saying how long hes had them. I would like to get some myself or just get some good fog lights and put them in the bumper. But im sure HID's would blow fog lights out of the water.
I also forgot to mention that these lights have been through 3 sets of headlights due to wrecks. Ballasts are beatin, scrapped, and torn but will fire up each time. I've never replaced anything on them.

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I had the chance to rock the dunes this weekend and WOW what a difference the HID's make. I could say it's "night and day" difference, but I don't even think that even gives it enough justice. That being said (I'm sure all the HID's look similar when they work), mine worked great the whole time. Both fired right up every time, no flickering and no issues. I know this was just the first weekend on them, but I am thrilled thus far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts