Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
very nice find. im not very impressed either. the curve seems pretty similar to the raptor but the outlaw makes useful power up to 8k whereas the raptor makes useful power up to 7.5k im not saying that thats something to trade in the raptor over though. im just pointing it out

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Great Find VR.

Just as a caution, realize that two dyno numbers can be unreliable to directly compare outputs, but the curves should be constant regardless.

But it would appear that the KTM has been choked up quite a bit. Anxious to see what power outputs the pipe companies start claiming for their exhausts.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I copy and paste this link over on predatorowners because they where talking smack about the 525 being faster than the 700r. There where even posts of the 525 having 50hp at the wheels stock floating around that place. I know I'm going to get flamed for it over there but who cares. :lol: 8)

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maddog56 said:
Great Find VR.

Just as a caution, realize that two dyno numbers can be unreliable to directly compare outputs, but the curves should be constant regardless.

But it would appear that the KTM has been choked up quite a bit. Anxious to see what power outputs the pipe companies start claiming for their exhausts.
The stock 700R dyno pulls were done by a fellow member here so I know those pulls are legit. The 525 pulls.....well, you know how the internet is.

·
Registered
767 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
The stock 700R dyno pulls were done by a fellow member here so I know those pulls are legit. The 525 pulls.....well, you know how the internet is.
I think what Maddog is getting at is the variance betweeen dynos not showing a true comparison. Some dyno operators use different correction factors, different tires, different pull down force, etc. But generally speaking dynojet to dynojet they should be in the same ballpark.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, true- which is why Im more not impressed because usually(but not always) STD #s are higher than SAE #s. The 700 #s are SAE and the 525 #s are STD :confused:

·
Registered
554 Posts
This Dyno was done by ticeman who is a regular at trx450.org. He was very impressed with the numbers, as well as the 700R numbers he did last year. It makes for a very interesting read. The KTM 525 puts out 25 lbs of torque at the get go. He has several graphs, including several comparing the 525 to an 06 preddy and a 500 Outlaw.

He is going to run a 700R on the same machine again in the next few days for comparison. As we all know comparing HP numbers from two different dyno's is not very productive. But what can be compared between two different dynos is the curve.

Here is a link to the whole thing.
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=37117&hl=

And Carolina_700R I do not recall a single thread recently where the 700 was even mentioned over there, except by you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Even with the dyno numbers it's still just a paper war, get them on the tracks, drag strips, beaches, trails, etc. and then let the comparisons begin.
Regardles, I think it's great the Outlaw 525 has created such a disturbance in the Raptor world.
I wonder what Yami will do with all of their untapped torque and CC's to combat the 525 for next year.
And since Polaris came out with this 525 and have nothing bigger for next year, I'm thinking the Yapti will start looking pretty killer for 08. Unless of course another big hitter comes on the scene to de-throne the big cc'd Yami.
Anybody want to guess what BRP has up their sleeve??

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a dynojet in Trussville AL and one here in Tuscaloosa AL(both car dynos). Ive been on both and they are within fractions of each other. As long as you are comparing the same type dyno, same tires, same correction factor then your gonna be way in the ballpark.

·
Registered
684 Posts
That dyno run was on Ticemans dyno which is known to be very stingy. And the fact it was on knobbies doesnt do it justice. I know for a fact that dyno tires can give you 3-5 hp. You guys can claim what you want about the 525 but you will have a RUDE awakaning whan you drag race one with equel mods. They are fast and you cant change that. I never claimed the 525 was better than your 700's that was you guys getting scared that something would give your raptor a run for its money. And to tell you the truth Im not realy sold on the IRS. I realy like all atv's I could have fun on any of them, but I would say a 700 is my favorite sport atv, and the Outty 800 is my favorite utility atv. What Im realy saying is just because its diffrent doesnt mean its bad.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
sparky yfz said:
That dyno run was on Ticemans dyno which is known to be very stingy. And the fact it was on knobbies doesnt do it justice. I know for a fact that dyno tires can give you 3-5 hp. You guys can claim what you want about the 525 but you will have a RUDE awakaning whan you drag race one with equel mods. They are fast and you cant change that. I never claimed the 525 was better than your 700's that was you guys getting scared that something would give your raptor a run for its money. And to tell you the truth Im not realy sold on the IRS. I realy like all atv's I could have fun on any of them, but I would say a 700 is my favorite sport atv, and the Outty 800 is my favorite utility atv. What Im realy saying is just because its diffrent doesnt mean its bad.

I'm not skeert ;)

I want to ride one and see what the IRS feels like--- might be a good second bike for me. Different can be good 8)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts