Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 660, So when I took the oil line that comes out of the bottom of the oil res. and goes to the left bottom of the engine, the metal collector had some metal shards in it, so what caused this? Hoping it doesn't mean engine problems.

Attachments

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
2003 660, So when I took the oil line that comes out of the bottom of the oil res. and goes to the left bottom of the engine, the metal collector had some metal shards in it, so what caused this? Hoping it doesn't mean engine problems.
Have you had this bike since new, if not, this stuff looks kind of normal after a engine fix, such as clutch repair, head gasket repair, piston change,. ETC, and really that isnt much crap, I have seen on my own bikes where the filter is pretty well plugged after clutch problems or serious engine failure..........

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I concur with Willy, not enough there to worry about.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
By serious engine damage I mean something like this, the counterbalancer exited the engine about a half lap from the end of the race, we finished second by inches...........

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
:eek: That looks bad, and you still took 2nd, nice.
She ran for half a lap to finish second, but we had no controls, clutch and shifter controls were demolished...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts