Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here it is

One of the little bolts that hold butterfly is gone. I know it went thru the head on top of piston and hopefully blown back out. Now who do I send this to to fix it the right way so this don't happen again. I don't wanna deal with WK as their custom servise has sucked in the past. I'm pissed I found this who knows what my piston or combustion chamber looks like wow.

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Dude I saw a bike that the same thing Happend to. The mechanic tried to fix it by polishing the blemishes inside the head

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was he able to fix it?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
That'll buff out!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think I would try to find a bore scope and look at the top of the piston. If it did any damage to a valve you could be running on borrowed time and when it lets go you could trash that expensive head.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I hated to see that Danny, A good place to Start is with a leak down test.. If it was me, I would just pull it off and check it out..

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
wow. i mean wow just wow

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hated to see that Danny, A good place to Start is with a leak down test.. If it was me, I would just pull it off and check it out..
I rebuild around every June or so anyway,lol. I just hope it didn't F the head up. I was planning a 14:1 piston and a better cam soon any how. Cam choices M1,5150, or a RCH cam. I may get web to custom grind me one who knows.

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Well it worked for a while then the head gasket blew. Not sure if it up and running yet, it probably is

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's cool

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I bet a screw fell out of the throttle plate................

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
When you get rid of that 5050 can lmk how much you want for it. That's the can I want. I would also pull the head and check out the inside. Head gaskets are cheap. Ported heads are not so cheap.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you get rid of that 5050 can lmk how much you want for it. That's the can I want. I would also pull the head and check out the inside. Head gaskets are cheap. Ported heads are not so cheap.
K bet you're first inline for cam. I already got a buyer for exhaust,also. Yeah I gotta have the head checked over well. Throw away the piston add a 14:1,cam,& new pipes. Next build should be right at 90hp.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Propably have head sent off for Ti valves while it's off.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Those barker drag pipes. In frame.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it's gonna be really loud ear plugs are coming to to wear under helmet. Loud pipes save lives :rofl:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts