Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I am about to spend a shit ton of money and want to make sure i do it right the first time. So the question is do i spend the extra dough and get the elkas which is hear arent even that crazy or get the fox evols which are cheaper and from the reviews a better overall application?

Also

ims roll design long travel a-arms or houser or moose racing long travel a-arms?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Neither, custom axis or better yet pep if you want to do it right the first time. Besides it'll take you forever to try to dial in the fox's. Just my 2cents good luck

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
As far as I know fox x evols aren't cheaper than elka elites.
I have the elites, I like them, never tried the fox though...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hello all!

I am about to spend a shit ton of money and want to make sure i do it right the first time. So the question is do i spend the extra dough and get the elkas which is hear arent even that crazy or get the fox evols which are cheaper and from the reviews a better overall application?

Also

ims roll design long travel a-arms or houser or moose racing long travel a-arms?
If you find time give us a call and we'll explain all the differences between one shock to another. In short between your two options i'd suggest Fox. We always have a unbeatable deal on Fox! 8)

www.kbmotorsportsonline.com

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've ridden/raced on both and am currently running LT EVOL's mounted to LoneStar DC4 arms. Super plush ride but comes with some body roll. EVOL's are cool becuase they allow for you to adjust for different riding terrains without having to send your shocks to someone for re-valve. Take note that you must either know what you are doing or learn quick because they are a pain to dial in just right, takes a lot of trial & error. This is my 2nd season using EVOL's and I still tweak the air pressures & clicks between races/testing. If you are looking at FOX, The KB deal is awesome, wish I was buying EVOL's all over again!

Nothing wrong with Elka, best suspension I ever rode was a set of Elka Elite on a TRX700xx setup by one of the best in the industry. I'd say 1st make a decision on if you want air or traditional spring then narrow your shock companies.

Speaking of shock companies, if you're gonna spend a boat load of $$$ you should get a hold of Bill Markel on here to hook you up with some KING shocks.

Roll Design Arms are very nice but I'd also look at JD Performance and TexeriaTech for MGC Long Travel Arms. We are running JD MGC +2's/Elka Elites for Vegas2Reno this year and them suckas are solid!

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have custom axis on mine and love em

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Are you going to be racing on these? Duning? Trails?

Lots of good options out there for both shocks and arms.

I'm not sure whose a-arms Moose has slapped their name on but I wouldn't be considering them in the same company with Housers and Roll.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Lsr are as tough as they come and good looking too. Those texeria tech a arms that blakjak mentioned are pretty sick too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wheres a good place to check out the lsr arms and the textera stuff too?
most of my riding is done in the trails but there is a mx track near by that a visit a couple times a month so id like to get quality stuff without exhausting all my funds. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya ive been on tqs theyve got good stuff. i guess ultimately the best thing would be to get a less expensive a arm and spend the extra money on better shocks. im looking for something solid under 4500

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
wheres a good place to check out the lsr arms and the textera stuff too?
most of my riding is done in the trails but there is a mx track near by that a visit a couple times a month so id like to get quality stuff without exhausting all my funds. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Check it out http://www.lsracing.com/ and going with cheaper a arms isn't the best idea, its the one place that will definitely hurt you when cheap a arms fail. There's always deals out there be patient and look for them good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts