Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a question ,planning to purchase long-travel suspension a-arms. can anyone tell me if the FOX FLOATS or the FOX FLOAT R will work on long travel a-arms ? or is the FOX EVOLS the only long travel shock fox makes for long travel suspension ? thanks for the feedback :eek:

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
I'm sure the evols are the only ones available in long travel....I could be wrong though.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Just had a question ,planning to purchase long-travel suspension a-arms. can anyone tell me if the FOX FLOATS or the FOX FLOAT R will work on long travel a-arms ? or is the FOX EVOLS the only long travel shock fox makes for long travel suspension ? thanks for the feedback :eek:
Much better suspension out there then fox especially for lt...just so u know

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hello, The Evols are the only Long Travel shock they make for the 700 Raptor, BUT if they offer YFZ450X Floats/Float R it's possible to mount those up on certain LT a-arms. However, your taking a huge gamble on overall ride quality and performance.

Take Care
www.kbmatv.com

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Personal opinion. But factory elkas wouldn't come close. And the others I would say are all even with Fox. So I think your wrong. To the OP stick with the fox idea you'll be happy.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Personal opinion. But factory elkas wouldn't come close. And the others I would say are all even with Fox. So I think your wrong. To the OP stick with the fox idea you'll be happy.
Actually what u r saying is personal opinion ...mine is based on pro mx and desert racers have told and have showed me by me riding their bikes..but whatever its not my money so to the op if u want a shock with no springs on them for back up if the valves or seals fail go for it..not saying they're bad just hat id choose differently is all...good luck8)

·
4,450 Posts
You mean the national MX champs that are running Fox Evols told you this? :rofl: OP I'm getting Evols in the next week. Can't wait ;).

P.S.
Your basing your opinion on others opinions.......

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
You mean the national MX champs that are running Fox Evols told you this? :rofl: OP I'm getting Evols in the next week. Can't wait ;).

P.S.
Your basing your opinion on others opinions.......
Thats cool...not trying to get in a pissing match with u..and ur talking about the national mx champ that is given free shocks by his sponser? And next time read the whole post..I said I was told their opinions THEN rode their bikes to understand what they were talking about..back to back rode yfz450r with fox floats and then custom axis on yfz450r, big difference...mainly body roll in the corners from the foxes...thanks for ur opinion though everyone appreciates it:D

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
races i have watched a majority of the riders have the evols. i often thought they must be the best on the market right now...but thinking about it more, these riders are sponsored by the brand and why not run them if there given to you. my question always was, how often do they get rebuilt and parts replaced? i personally like the look of the evols and the adjustability of them (no experience with them). either way i dont think you can go wrong with any brand....

·
Registered
191 Posts
You get what you pay for.

Factory elka's are awesome.
They are a custom built pro level shock.
Have you rode a bike with them?
If you have were they set up for your application body weight ect.

·
4,450 Posts
I used to own a set..... And your welcome 686. Riding on them for half a hour, I think doesn't give a person enongh ride time to say wether or not a shock isn't up to par.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
You get what you pay for.

Factory elka's are awesome.
They are a custom built pro level shock.
Have you rode a bike with them?
If you have were they set up for your application body weight ect.
Factory elkas suck, get them redone by a good tuner and its a different story..

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I used to own a set..... And your welcome 686. Riding on them for half a hour, I think doesn't give a person enongh ride time to say wether or not a shock isn't up to par.
Geez guy.. you'd thought I insulted ur mother or something...just giving my personal experience on this for a long travel shock back back riden with another shock on same setup bike. Btw it doesn't matter if its 15 minutes or 15 hrs the difference is easy to tell...not saying its a bad shock just saying there's more options out there that are better in my opinion:D

·
VIP
1,064 Posts
Kingquad is referring to the Elka Factory Shock which are not the same as some Elka Stage 3's or 4's. They are a custom shock which are lighter and have quick adjust billet knobs to adjust them with no tools needed. They are usually custom made for the hard core racer, but they are way more expensive. :D

Most people say Elka's are hit and miss when you order them new, but others have had them re valved by a shock tuner and say they work great.

My buddy installed a set of the brand new Elka Stage 5's front and rear on his YFZ this season and they perform excellent for him when he's at the MX track and in the trails. They are super light compared to a normal Elka stage 3 and also have the quick adjust billet knobs.

Don't forget to check out Motowoz too. I have a set of the LT's and my machine rides like it's on a cloud. :D

·
4,450 Posts
Geez guy.. you'd thought I insulted ur mother or something...just giving my personal experience on this for a long travel shock back back riden with another shock on same setup bike. Btw it doesn't matter if its 15 minutes or 15 hrs the difference is easy to tell...not saying its a bad shock just saying there's more options out there that are better in my opinion:D
Once again I don't agree with this statement. But like it was stated earlier its just my opinion. There are people that have new found joy or sadness towards shocks they have had for months. 15mins isn't enough time to decide weather or not you like your meal :rofl: first bite you might love it and the last you might hate it......Sounds to me like you don't like constructive criticism. ;) (I was never mad :lol:)

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
Imo......you can't really go through all the adjustments for a set of shocks in 15 minutes. That's why the evols are sweet, infinite adjustability. It took riding my quad in various situations/terrain get my my shocks tuned to my liking and riding style.

Fox is definatly among the best in my imo. I'm very happy with my suspension setup.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts