Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be buying front shocks for my raptor soon. was wondering if i should get elka stage 3's or fox float x evol's. there about the same price. I have full flight +2+1 a arms. i do mostly track riding, on the occasion trail riding. which ones would be better for me?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
it doesn't really matter as long as you get them setup right....and if your on the track a lot you should ditch the fullflight a-arms. they are awesome on the trail but i wouldn't trust them on a track

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doesn't really matter as long as you get them setup right....and if your on the track a lot you should ditch the fullflight a-arms. they are awesome on the trail but i wouldn't trust them on a track
ok thanks. and ya ive bent them 3 times going to the track already. only reason i like them is because of the warrenty on them

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I didn't think the stage 3's were that expensive. If you plan on riding a multitude of different terrains or tracks I'd suggest the fox. If you don't, you may want to look around at some other options like motowoz, Race Tech, etc for spring shocks. I like elkas, but that's not a lot of elka for the money.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I didn't think the stage 3's were that expensive. If you plan on riding a multitude of different terrains or tracks I'd suggest the fox. If you don't, you may want to look around at some other options like motowoz, Race Tech, etc for spring shocks. I like elkas, but that's not a lot of elka for the money.
Just been perusing the Race Tech & Motowoz sites.
I would damn near double the value of my quad buying their gear at new prices!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Hands down I would buy the Fox shocks over Elka and for many reasons. 1. When you get a mechanical spring rate shock set up, it's set up for you, your bike and your style of riding. When you try to sell that used elka now you have to find someone under those same circumstances to buy it. The Fox will adjust to multiple riders, and height adjustment is simple as adding or releasing air from the chamber. Lets say you want to MX on Saturday with 8"-9" ride height but want to drag race with your buddies on Sunday with 4" -5" ride height. Try to make those adjustments with an Elka. The other reason I bought Fox was every MX event I go to and most GNCCs you will find the Fox trailer with technicians there to repair, replace or rebuild you shock while you watch the race.
Elka is a proven performance shock but that's my 2 cents.
Good luck,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts