Raptor Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Afeww questions:
1.) What are these made of?
2.) And if aluminum what gauge are they?
3.) How are they mounted on top? Concerned with posiblle rattling!
4.) Can they be purchased to match ALL colors of Raptors?
[/quote]

These guards are made of .06 aluminum. I send two sided tape for you to attach to the back so they dont rattle against the frame. Currently I am offering them in the aluminum or painted white. I would imagine that you could paint them any color you want. :grin_nod: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
The guards fit well, may not even need the 2 sided tape.

I altered the shape of mine a bit. I also painted them silver to go with the frame, and added some adhesive backed rubber for boot protection.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
type36 said:

I altered the shape of mine a bit. I also painted them silver to go with the frame, and added some adhesive backed rubber for boot protection.
Sorry bmust, but I like what 'Type36' did to your design. This is a much cleaner looking design, good going...MB!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
evlls1 said:
i'd take a pair with our logo on it =)
Did you still want a pair with your logo?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
type36 said:

I like that idea!! :grin_nod: :thumbsup:
Where did you get the rubber?

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I had put a new running board on a conversion van at work, this was some of the leftovers from the step sill material.

I have had it on the frame by the swingarm pivot for quite a while, no signs of coming off.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts