Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Baptized in Racing Fuel
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the frame gussets I made. They aren't all that pretty. But hopefully will work. Now it's off for powder coat.

Attachments

·
Baptized in Racing Fuel
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The rest of the pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Does anyone know what type of steel the frames are made out of? I called Yamaha and they told me steel. I want to know if its chromoly, carbon, etc. and if you know the numbers such as a 4130

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Does anyone know what type of steel the frames are made out of? I called Yamaha and they told me steel. I want to know if its chromoly, carbon, etc. and if you know the numbers such as a 4130
The 660 frames are cold rolled steel. Schedual 40 I would guess. The only thing that is aluminumn are the upper a-arms. The 700's start using aluminum frame componets. A heavy powder coat will clean up those welds nicely.

·
Baptized in Racing Fuel
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it back from the powdercoater... Look awesome!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
waste of powder, I'd of done a nice fancy color :p lol something bright that jumps out.. like neon PINK lmfao

·
Baptized in Racing Fuel
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything top to bottom got paint. I totally forgot about the nerfs and water pump cover though...

All black except the sprocket, brake, and wheel hubs, lower engine mounts, coil springs, handle bar top clamp hard oil lines and coolant metal hose pieces are red. Got the quad rok wheels and engine case covers done in black too.

·
Baptized in Racing Fuel
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts