Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was talking about where the inside of your leg/ boot rubs the paint off. They gaurd the area where the frame and subframe meet. Usually aluminum or carbon fiber.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I use clear number plate background cut to size. You cant see it once installed and it will keep your frame nice and new looking. I got mine from the sale bin at rmatv for about $10. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
278 Posts
sure would be nice if yamaha could do something about this, those painted frames look good for a little while. Do you all wear full boots, because i have the 50/50s and the se1, its not painted but i dont see much wear in the area?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
It's from those of us who wear full boots. The 50/50s will still lead to wear in that area, as it's easier for the leg to rest closer to the frame. Pants wear the paint off too.
This is a situation Yamaha could have easily remedied by making the plastics longer instead of trying to expose the frame like on Honda dirtbikes.
I talked to a customer service rep with Yamaha (it's as if they staff that line 24/7) and had an engineer-type call me back. He didn't offer any solution but said Yamaha was aware of it. I was hoping it would have been taken care of when the '08s came out. Guess not.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I need to do some preventive maintence on that area before anything happens. I've had the quad about a year...guess we can say I don't ride enough..and also I do wear full boots on every ride
:(

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine was just starting here. Right where the subframe attatches to the frame.
Tommorrow I will get a pic of what it looks like now. I have only had it since Nov. 2006.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Mine was just starting here. Right where the subframe attatches to the frame.
Tommorrow I will get a pic of what it looks like now. I have only had it since Nov. 2006.

is that a PRM rear grab bar?
if so did you just get it from their website?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Yup PRM straight from them. Desert I beleive it's called.
yeah, i thought so, i'm about to order it in a few days, i like the look and it makes picking up the rear end way nicer

1 - 20 of 26 Posts