Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Raptor warriors....I just completely stripped down my entire raptor and painted the frame. While putting it back together, I got the motor installed and the radiator installed but I completely forgot how the cooling system is routed. The overflow tank has got 2 hoses, 1 in the top is the overflow line and the bottom line goes where?

The clear line off the back of the radiator fan....where does it go? There is 2 spots on the radiator...1 comes off the back of the cap to let the coolant flow once the radiator pressure builds up and the other is on the back of it...so where does the black line (off overflow bottle) go?

Clear line?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could somebody PLEASE go out into their garage and just take a quick look for me please, I can't find a diagram online anywhere. I even have the exploded view on hardcopy but it doesn't show the route. PLEASE!

This is the only thing stopping me (pretty dumb huh?) from getting this thing to go.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The line from the top of the over flow bottle is a vent tube, it just runs up front, over the cross member of the frame.

The clear line from the fan is a vent hose, it runs up through the front of the frame, behind the bumper basically.

Since neither connects to anything, not a big deal where you run them

·
Registered
575 Posts
frame looks nice.. wish mine was a pretty color :(...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The main tube (the big guy) runs from the top of the radiator to the head. The little spigot to the immediate left (as if you were sitting on the bike) goes nowhere and is just a vent? The clear line coming off the fan (when I say fan, I mean the fan motor) is really a vent line?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sweet color.....

Check the site. Some one post a link to down load the deal service manuel before. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help but I was talking about the line that's next to the main line that runs to the head/cylinder. After 6 beers we found out that it's the cooler line that goes to the fuel injection system. Keep in mind that it's not always the manuals that will guide you, all praise Anheiser-Busch. Bud Light will lead you to the light.

I used Omni which is a PPG paint. The color was Sunset Orange. I forget what the color code is. Since I blasted the frame and took it all the way down to bare steel and aluminum, I used an Epoxy Primer to ensure I had really good adhesion.

By the way, anybody know of anyone who wants to buy a $20,000 Banshee for $6,000???

Check the following photo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the remarks on the frame. It was a lot of work getting it that way. Just goes to show the things that can happen when its like 1130 at night and you're drunk and bored...I mean, the type of motivation you get to to just completely tear something apart. That's how I commit myself to these tasks. Still waiting on some more parts to come in though. Some will be here today, and the rest I should pick up tomorrow. The bike however is all put back together. Thanks again everyone for your compliments. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Be sure to post some finished pics, looks hot!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yup im waitng for finished pic too. Keep up the good work, it goods good so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No...I like the silver on the A-Arms...it looks real good against the orange. Maybe not so good in the picture but I really like it in person. The only way the A-Arms are gonna change is if I decide to go with the Houser A-Arms...in that case then I'll get the powder coated black ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this is just my opinion, but please don't match your A-Arms to your frame. It's just too much. Like I said man, it's only my opinion but on a blue frame I would go drastic with A-Arms...nothing like seeing a badass quad rolling through the dunes and the ONLY thing you notice is the awesome colors. Black is a little dark for a blue frame, Try white A-Arms, or yellow....something thats going to contrast nicely...thats what I think, that's why I went with the orange frame, I love yamaha but I didn't want it to be traditional, like the yamaha blue or white.....Anyways, I just said the same thing like 3 times in a different way so I guess I'm done now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts