Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 700 with the red frame and its starting 2 come off in a few places and i was wondering if there's anything i could do for it.i know for cars you can buy touch up paint and stuff like that but im needing to work on my frame..

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a 07 700 with the red frame and its starting 2 come off in a few places and i was wondering if there's anything i could do for it.i know for cars you can buy touch up paint and stuff like that but im needing to work on my frame..
Well, I have the red frame and it is an unusual color. But I needed to touch up silver and found Rustolium silver is pretty close. I have a friend with a body shop. But I've never asked him how he matches. I bet it's from a professional chart that he calls in to the paint shop. So if you want to be close find a body shop paint store. One doesn't tend to think of them but they are around industrial areas. They have to be really good or they couldn't repair cars. I know he sometimes gets stuff that costs $150 a pint just to match new cars. My point is that the experts have stores for that.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Its not paint thats on the frame its powder coating, pc is way more durable than paint. If you just painted it it would probably only last a day or two. Either get frame protectors or get it pc'd again just my 2 cents

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Its not paint thats on the frame its powder coating, pc is way more durable than paint. If you just painted it it would probably only last a day or two. Either get frame protectors or get it pc'd again just my 2 cents
+1!!! Powder is the way to go!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm pretty sure the frame and everything else on the bike is painted from the factory. I don't think Yamaha powder coats anything. And powder is stronger than paint but that doesn't mean a good paint job won't hold up. Plus he's just looking for touch up paint. To powder coat the frame is A TON of work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had friends PC a bike. Lots of money and you gotta strip it and put it back together. One PC guy upped the price from his bid as soon as he had the frame in the shop. Urge to kill ...

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
you could go to napa or car quest with the bike and they will match it. then they mix it and throw it in a spray can for you

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
COLORRITE.COM has paint by quart. in a spray a spray can or touch up pen.. for yamaha :cool:

i cant seem to find it for the raptor 700 they have it for the yfz450 but thats it..i checked under motorcycle also and notta..

they dont even have an option for yamaha for 2007's ???

I called them and u need to get the color code for your machine..and aresols normally go for 33 a can..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts