Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you can get some sort of frame protection, especially around where your boots rub. I have done "some" research on this topic but I have not netted anything yet.

I have already worn through the thin, crappy powdercoating that Yamaha offers on the frames and I would love to be able to find something for this area, perferablly someting like a carbon fiber film (20 mil thick)

Thanks in advance!

-7-

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Unfortunatly right now for the 700 no one I know of makes a frame guard. Stupid I know cuase I would like one too.

What I did to protect it was I bought some clear number plate backgrounds for dirtbikes, cut them to shape and applied them to the frame areas where I rub and it has worked great. Its the same type of concept they use for cars on the clear bras. You cant even see it once installed and it keeps the frame nice all for about $15. And thats enough to do both sides with tons to spare. 8)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I tried to find the thread that was started about this topic, but I didn't really try hard. This topic does exist on here and it came down to a clear type of film that you can put on or you can put on a carbon fiber looking film. If I had more time, I'd research for you. But keep searching, it does exist bro. Good Luck

RF

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
RaptorFreeeek said:
I tried to find the thread that was started about this topic, but I didn't really try hard. This topic does exist on here and it came down to a clear type of film that you can put on or you can put on a carbon fiber looking film. If I had more time, I'd research for you. But keep searching, it does exist bro. Good Luck

RF
Here it is.
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=8718.0

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
SEVEN00 said:
Does anyone know where you can get some sort of frame protection, especially around where your boots rub. I have done "some" research on this topic but I have not netted anything yet.

I have already worn through the thin, crappy powdercoating that Yamaha offers on the frames and I would love to be able to find something for this area, perferablly someting like a carbon fiber film (20 mil thick)

Thanks in advance!

-7-
Alba has them, It's in there new ad in the latest DIRT WHEELS mag. About 129.00 for 2 pieces of carbon fiber.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have some stuff that should work well. I'll make some up and get them on mine for a test. I have some stuff meant for dirt bikes/ATVs and it is very thick black vinyl (called Convex). I also have some printable white stuff that would also need to be laminated to be tough enough for us. I can print any design on them, but it might not be cost-effective, unless it is a kinda common design so I can make up several at a time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts