Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2001 raptor is the frame off a 02-05 the same. I have some bad dents in my frame and am planning to do a swap, would i run into any issues with another year im only doing the main frame.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have a 2001 raptor is the frame off a 02-05 the same. I have some bad dents in my frame and am planning to do a swap, would i run into any issues with another year im only doing the main frame.
The only differnce would be the regulator location, the rear subframe is differnt, but I believe the main frame is the same........

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
The main frame has the VIN... if you change it, you've changed the ID of your quad, as far as your state government is concerned. If your state has registration, your bike will follow the new frame's reg, not your original reg. Do you have full title paperwork on the new frame?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
As was stated above, those issues apply. As far as simplicity goes, everything is about the same, except that the '02+ subframe doesn't have a mount for the rear shock reservoir on it like the '01 does. If you are still running the '01 shock on your bike, this will probably be your biggest concern, finding a place to mount the rezzy. A simple subframe swap could be done though, eliminating the problem. '01 subframe is aluminum compared to the steel of the newer models. Weight savings, lol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys thanks for the info i have not found a frame yet but when i do i will make sure to get the paper work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts