Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's a decent price to charge for a frame swap? Guy my son works with needs a different frame. I have not looked at it yet. Not looking to get rich nor want to work for peanuts. Are there any particular "hard" spots simular to a swingarm bolt rusting in a Banshee?? A arm bolts? If someone has done this about how many hours did it take you? Any help or opinions are greatly welcome. Thanks.

Reason I'm not on much is that the Warrior is pretty much bullitt and idiot proof :D :beer:

BTW, 660 Raptor, unknown year as of now.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
It wouldn't be to bad to do but it took me roughly 1 1/2 to tear my 660 down to the frame but I did not put it back together as I was parting it out. Swingarm bolts can be a bitch though. The most time consuming part IMO is all the plastic, heelguards and little stuff that bolts up. Wish I could help ya more but usually I am working on the motor not the chassis part.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I would say it took me 4-5-6-7 hrs def not 1-1/2 lol but me slow n only got hand tools

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
It took me about 6 hours to strip mine to the frame for sandblasting and several days to put together after paint, did not want to scratch or ding it up. I am still doing some small things here and there but the rest cant be done till i have the head, carbs and exhaust back.

It would be a good weekend job of drinking beer and turning a wrench.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'm in agreement here, I got my frame back after PC and I'd never built one from ground up, and it took me probably a week to get a running bike, but that was working on it a few minutes here, a few there. I had a roller in a day.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
mine still not running. started right around holloween and it is just a roller right now.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Damn son you need to get on that. I rushed to get mine done, and then I haven't ridden it since, lol. That was last summer. Taken it for a few runs down the street, but that's about it. Plan on riding the piss out of it this summer though, and hopefully some this winter too.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well I had a friend help me at the start to get the motor out and a cordless impact but I was not keeping track of bolts or parts just throwing them in a pile.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I bet it takes me like 20 mins to put back together my bike lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts