Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there are any little secrets out there to make these things fast for free? without having to get a power commander to adjust anything?

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you get a programmer, then you can pull the lid off the air box and remove the spark arrestor from the stock muffler for free. If you dont get a programmer you can run lean.

Adjusting your air pressure can make it handle the way you like it for free. You can adjust the shocks for free.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pull the lid off if your not running in a very dusty area. Thats about all the freebee you get withough an aftermarket EFI controller. The next cheaper mod would be a 15 tooth front sprocket. About $10 through rockymountainatv.com.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i just changed my order form a 13 tooth to a 15 tooth, it will be here thursday. also if i take off the lid everyone says i will need to get a PC

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah a sticky would be nice. I keep getting a ton of PM's on the 15T and the speed sensor.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i searched and found all the info i needed on the speed limiter unplug and bypass switch. great free mod by the way. removeing the sparky while still stock. and adding a new platinuim plug along with the 15 t.
the search button is our friend and i used it to find what i needed.good pics help out a newb very much i might add.

now if we only had a sticky for pcIII maps on each mod for us to find to use very easy. if i saw a sticky that had sample maps for each mod made to the 700r it would take out some guess work a possible damage to incorrect maps vs. mods. just my 2 cents?
btw would adding 22" rear tires be just like adding the 15t? or is just added rotational weight with a lil more top gear?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I ran mine with out the lid or a programmer at sea level with better results, But that's just me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts