Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt my raptor 660 bottom and top everything, wiseco 11:1 piston hot rods crank, has about an hour on it now, and was out really riding it today........ I stalled it, and started it back up, and it knocked pretty bad for a second right after start up, motor was hot, about 180*. It did it just for a second and went away, and runs fine, no noises other wise.

Is this something to worry about? Never did that before, except for the bad knock it made before cause old crank was loose.

Should I be worried about this, or is it something that is normal on hot start?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just rebuilt my raptor 660 bottom and top everything, wiseco 11:1 piston hot rods crank, has about an hour on it now, and was out really riding it today........ I stalled it, and started it back up, and it knocked pretty bad for a second right after start up, motor was hot, about 180*. It did it just for a second and went away, and runs fine, no noises other wise.

Is this something to worry about? Never did that before, except for the bad knock it made before cause old crank was loose.

Should I be worried about this, or is it something that is normal on hot start?
Was this a pinging knock or a metallic knock.............

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know it did it so quick I couldn't really listen to it, I know our 358 mods do it sometimes, but that is more of a hard start cause the run on alcohol.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Probably the top end due to no oil in the filter and a dry oil system. Mine hammered pretty bad when I did a top end this last fall. I actually shut it down after I herd it. Then crossed my fingers and started it back up. It lasted for probably 5 maybe 10 seconds at max. That is why a good engine assembly lube is required.

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
It was after an hour's ride, 03.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts