Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just changed out my old front brake pads for new ones. but now im hardly getting pressure. they are really tight on the rotor right now and the wheel is kinda hard to spin, and when i ride, squeezing the brake doesnt stop the bike very fast. the brakes are applying, but not very strong. i tried to bleed the brakes just in some random case there happens to be a little air in the line. but unfortunately the previous owner stripped the screw on the MC so i cant take the cap off. (ill eventually be able to, just dont feel like going though all that work right now. its reallllyyyy stripped) can i still bleed the lines with the MC cap on? also, when i squeeze the brake, the front right caliper moves a little as it tries and squeeze the rotor, so i know im losing a lot of stopping power there also. any advice?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,188 Posts
Yes, you need the MCC of to refill.

Can you update your other threads with what the cure was? That way we know if we helped or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm trying to refill it. Just bleed enough to get the air out.

And yes I'll update them when I finish fixing those issues

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't matter which pad goes against the piston right? Because the pad that is not against the piston is holding really tight against the rotor.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
you really need to get the stripped screws out of the cover before you start trying to do anything to it.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I thought that too but he said it's the pad that ain't against the piston.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,188 Posts
When you put in new pads the caliper pistons are pushed back in. The pistons push fluid back into the master cylinder, and could cause it to be over full. Over full could cause pressure to the pistons and then cause brake fade during riding. Did you keep the insulators on the pistons??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My problem isn't only the pad thats against piston. The opposite piston is so tight on the rotor its hard to spin. And I'm squeezeing the brake all the way in and its hardly stopping the bike. So my only conclusion is air in the line. I'm just having a hard time taking the screw out because its reallyyyy badly stripped. I tried to bleed the line without taking the MC cap off but I'm afraid I only made it worse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts