Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ended up not getting the houser a-arms i found i didnt want to go with plus 2 i got a realy good deal on herrmann +1 a-arms and elka non rezzis shocks. i'll post pics once i get them on i herd herrmann was a good a-arm but i dont see many people with them

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Why Not +2" ?? I thought that was the standard? I want to widen mine but don't want to spend the money on new shocks, i have a new SE with the piggy back front shocks and i DO like the suspention, just wish it was a little more stable. :)

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
You really have no morales. Now you are trying to pawn your crap over here. Yes you got a very good deal because you broke it off in the guys ass at YZFCENTRAL. I hope they ban you over here.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
GuamRaptor700 said:
You can add +2 a arms w/o changing the shocks. If you get a set that are long travel a-arms either in stock width or +2 then you will need longer travel shocks.
I never knew that.... ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Big Mike said:
GuamRaptor700 said:
You can add +2 a arms w/o changing the shocks. If you get a set that are long travel a-arms either in stock width or +2 then you will need longer travel shocks.
I never knew that.... ;)
Well yes and no. Standard travel a-arms will work with stock shocks. Possibly well with SE / GYTR/ 450 shocks. However...Regular Raptor shocks will not work well. The +2 configuration increases the leverage on the shock and therefore increases the load. The spring and valving will wimper under the pressure unless you are really light weight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i got this set up off dc245 i only took it for a little ride with them on so i didnt see much improvment but it looks realy nice on my quad. i was thinking maybe i should have went with plus 2 but i'll just keep it like this for now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts