Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to chang out the front sprocket. I've done the tuner, full pipe, and pro-design K&N. Do you think I can handle it? I want to put a 15t on.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yes very simple if you have the right tools. Frist remove the case saver, then bend the tabs up on the big nut after that you can remove the large nut that holds the sproket, best with impact gun. You now goto rear loosen the 4 allen bolts on the swigmarm no need to remove them, once there loosen them take that allen key and stick it up your J/k take the allen key and stick it threw the sprocket into one of the holes in the carrier. You now row the bike forward with allen key still in hole this will move the carrier to give the slack you need to remove and install the new sprocket. Then your done just repeat backwords to put back together. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I don't care what they say about you east coast guys...yer alright. ;)

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
If you dont have the right tools, it is just as cheap to let the local bike shop to change it. Mine charged me 15.00.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I attempted to do it this weekend. I had all the right tools, but my chain wasnt long enough(aftermarket chain and swingarm).

Just FYI, the nut is a 36mm.

·
Registered
163 Posts
hehe.. a very entertaining installation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts