Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Im getting my 15 tooth front sprocket tomarow after seeing that a bunch of yall have them and reading the archived thread and i was looking at the stock one and I cant figure out how to get it off it has these clamps on it that i cant figure out how im going to get around can someone tell me how they got theres off? :help:

·
Registered
273 Posts
You have to beat that keeper nut flat so you can spin the big nut. I used a screwdriver and a hammer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you use a socket wrench or a impact wrench?

·
Registered
10 Posts
either works, it's a 36mm socket, and if you want to the dealership told me the torque spec was 61 ft-lbs then just bent the clip back against it

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks homies :thumbsup:

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I couldn't get my sprocket nut off w/ a 3/8, 1/2, or 1in impact air and electric or a breaker bar. I had to use a breaker and pound it quick w/ a rubber mallet for like 4 minutes till it slowly let loose while someone held the socket flush, so GOOD LUCK !!! Stock chain doesn't have a master link so u need to loosen ur chain to the max, take it off the back sprocket, and wrap it on the new front as u install it, tighten it, then install chain back on rear. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:eek: Dang dude i hope mine dosnt take that long. :metal:

·
2,679 Posts
WHen it all came down to the moment of truth of gettin it off, wasn't but 20 minutes, but this was all a 3 hour ordeal as i was tryin to get it off w/ my tools, neighboors tools, friends down the roads tools, ridin all over the road to other peoples houses as my sprocket ground to shit tryin to find beefier tools, then my frustration and an old mallet in my bottom drawer finally kicked that sockets ass

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OBTW how does the 15t do in drag racing im going to busco beach in NC and going to a little drag racing to whoop some shee's :chair:

·
Registered
66 Posts
wow thats alot of work. I got mine off no problem.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Dudes thats why tehey use that keeper ring!!! I took mine off with a cresent wrench at the dunes!!! That sucks you guys had so much trouble. :mad:

·
2,679 Posts
I soaked mine in wd-40 foreveerrrrrr :lol: to no avail :3question: Why can't I get a quad that likes me and is as easy and quick to work on as others :grin_nod:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.