Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front sprocket is making a winding noise. Just wondering what is the cause of this? And does anyone know the size of the bolts that hold the grab bar to the frame on my 07 raptor 700?

Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
check you swing arm bearings. if they are bad it could make the chain misaligned on the sprocket resulting in the "winding" noise you are hearing.
As for the bolts thei should be a 6mm thread with a 1.25 thread pitch

·
Registered
226 Posts
stand up on the pegs and your hands on the handle bars. look at were the swing arm pivots at the frame and shift your weight from left to right. if the bearings are good you will not get any movement left to right at the pivot point. if you do well then you need new bearings lol. hope this helps. ////Love Pease and Axle Grease////

·
Registered
44 Posts
does it do it when you rev it up or is the sound all the time,

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
It`s probably the chain roller.

·
Registered
448 Posts
mine made a weird noise to, i found it was when i changed the sprocket i put the case saver piece on upside down and it was rubbing the chain a little bit

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing is rubbing against the chain saver wrong and it does not do it when I rev it up only when it's moving/rolling.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
The stock chain rollers are junk, they last maybe 10 hours, or that has been my experience. Get you a good double bearing one off Ebay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did getting the new chain roller work? I’m having the same issue, I’ve tightened the chain loosened the chain replace both sprockets and the chain and the noise is still there. Humming buzzing noise from front sprocket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts