Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here ya go guys I got the front mocked up on my new drag build, with the new SLC Quad Customs +4 forward A-arms and my Front steer conversion I swapped sides with the spindles and turned the stem 180deg then used a stem flag from a 07 Big Bear 400 (1 1/4" longer) + I had to heat and bend the flag down to get the correct angle. It will use stock tie rods but I cut down some +2" Chromoly tie rods I had.

Attachments

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Wow, that looks crazy FL! I have a question though, What advatage does the forward a-arrms give over stock position? Oh, and I love the tire collection! lol

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Makes sence. Thanks for the info Chris! So what's next on your agenda?

·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Makes sence. Thanks for the info Chris! So what's next on your agenda?
Well I'm waiting for the swingarm, somebody else got mine and I got somebody elses so we're waiting for Fedex to do the swap!LOL Then I'll have it rolling on it's wheels so I can stick a engine in it and build the pipe/header and whatever else before I take it back apart for powder coating!

·
Registered
149 Posts
You are going to have two very crazy quads! Great work! Yes, and impressive tire collection!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I started to post these yesterday. It's gonna be a beast. I can't wait to make first pass down the strip. I'm getting more antsy everyday.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I wonder what color he'll pc it :lol: would you have bought that extension cord if it was black?? :lol: great build man. Wish I had the resources/know how/patience for somethin like that. Excellent job sir

·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder what color he'll pc it :lol: would you have bought that extension cord if it was black?? :lol: great build man. Wish I had the resources/know how/patience for somethin like that. Excellent job sir
That's not an extension cord, it's a air hose :D Thanx man!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
That's funny!

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Great job, nice to see someone think outside the box. Question tho, if your going to run front shocks on that build is the toe in going to stay in range when the front end goes thru its range of motion. also that would be a good build to install the shorai lithium battery that weighs 2.12 pounds. keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.:)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Man that's some serious fabrication skills woods! Are you at all concerned with losing integrity in the flag since you heated and bent it? It would be catostrophic if that failed. Ofcourse you are just using this bike for drags so I don't think it will get that much abuse.
I beleive you said you were going to strut the front end rather than use shocks right? So you're not concerned with the shock mounts being so far out of allignment? It looks like the lower mounts could have been welded on further back.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Trust me Chris knows what he's doing. It may not work perfectly the first time but if it fails it'll go back stronger than ever.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Oh yeah I don't doubt that! Just throwin in my concerns thats all lol

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
It's all good

·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man that's some serious fabrication skills woods! Are you at all concerned with losing integrity in the flag since you heated and bent it? It would be catostrophic if that failed. Ofcourse you are just using this bike for drags so I don't think it will get that much abuse.
I beleive you said you were going to strut the front end rather than use shocks right? So you're not concerned with the shock mounts being so far out of allignment? It looks like the lower mounts could have been welded on further back.
That Big Bear stem flag is 1/2" thick plus I retempered it in oil after I heated it, so it's just as strong as it was originally.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts