Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a real tough front tire? I would like to go 23-8-10 and something in a 6 ply. I ride lots of real rocky stuff and surprise, surprise I punctured a stock front really bad and had to ride back 20 miles through rocky mountain trails on a flat. :'(

·
Registered
610 Posts
My front GNCCs are wearing pretty well. And I would have to ASSume that the metal strapping that gave me a flat in the rear was hit by a front tire first.... Don't know about the size, though. Mine are 22s

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've been looking at the Holeshot GNCC's and HD's, as well as the RazrII's.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Diddly said:
Yeah I've been looking at the Holeshot GNCC's and HD's, as well as the RazrII's.
The GNCC's are strong AND very light weight!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up the HD's today, only tire that I could get in a hurry.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You can snap up a set of HoleShot XCT's (23x7x10 f & 22x11x9 r ) pretty cheap. I wouldn't run the c-series rims though, I'd stick with the .190 T-9 pro's or the baja's for rims. I have a set that I use when riding on the rockey trails in northern MN and out in the Black Hills of SD, the extra inch of ground clearance really helps.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone on here has not upgraded their front tires....... Do it now!!! :thumbsup: I figured the stock tires were junk but really had no idea just how terrible they really are, the holeshots made an unbelievable difference. I found that on the stockers my rappy would push through alot of corners no matter how the suspension was tweaked, now iwth the holeshots I'm thinking about a dampner as it almost ejected me a few times it turns in so quick now. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Thanks for the info diddly, I figured the stocks werent great and wanted to upgrade. Im gonna have to get a set for myself now. 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts
GEARHEAD9969 said:
You can snap up a set of HoleShot XCT's (23x7x10 f & 22x11x9 r ) pretty cheap. I wouldn't run the c-series rims though, I'd stick with the .190 T-9 pro's or the baja's for rims. I have a set that I use when riding on the rockey trails in northern MN and out in the Black Hills of SD, the extra inch of ground clearance really helps.
where in mn do you usually ride???

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have used ITP XCT's great tire. I have switched to Maxxis Razr II, outstanding tire :thumbsup:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey northerngn, we ride most of the state land from north to south through out the summer, it all depends on the weather. Usually the north to north east areas have hi water tables so we avoid them when it's been really wet (nemaji in particular and the red top) smokey hills, pine river, mezzepa. A good friend of mine has 40 acres just north of Elk River that we have built a track on. We ride up there usually twice a week, bikes and quads.

I fully agree on the dampner!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts