Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the front wheel bearings pressed into the hub or are they just laying in there? Respond ASAP

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind people i got them in and they work perfect. better than stock

·
Registered
204 Posts
I believe they are pressed in...I had to press mine out. Thing to know is that there is a lip on the inside of the hub and the bearings have to be pressed out from the opposite side.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just did mine tonight. I had to take a flat head and carefully pound them out from the opposite side.I destroyed the old ones (not that they were any good) and then press the new ones in...Take your time dont destroy the new ones.now i get to do the swing arm, carrier and stem bearings (yay I am not excited to do this)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
sportruckss said:
i get to do the swing arm, carrier and stem bearings (yay I am not excited to do this)
Steering stem? you'll need a bolt with a 1 3/16" or 30mm hex to unscrew the "nut" that holds the bearing in. The nut is insideout, threads on the outside and hex on the inside and comes out the top.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The easy way to press them in is to use a socket that fits on the outer metal ring on the bearing and hit it lightly and evenly untill it is all the way in. Screw drives can damage them, it is too much pressure in one spot. When you even the pressure all the way around the bearing it is less likely you will damage the bearing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts