Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received some mohawk's mounted on douglas wheels I ordered from Rocky Mountain. They are a lot deeper than my stock ones. I think they sent me a different offset. The receipt says 2.0 + 4.0. I looked again at their website and that's all they seem to offer in the douglas black labels. Will the offset cause handling problems? Should I call them and see about exchanging them for the stock offset?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
On a sand tire it's not a terrible thing. It can actually help you turn a bit quicker but is weaker for big jumps. If you're just into cruising around, drag racing or hill climbing you should be fine. If you're going to be launching yourself off big peaks I'd see about a set of stock offset .190's.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I'm not an extremely aggressive rider and don't get big air. However, I'm concerned about bump steer or bending a tie-rod on a jump and landing wrong.

I think it's odd that Rocky Mountain only allows that particular wheel offset when buying the wheel/tire combo for a banshee/yfz/raptor. I'm sure they sell thousands of these combos, but it looks odd on my Raptor with the front wheels sticking out farther than the rears. Not to mention my rears are 8" wheels and are nice and tucked in for protection. The outer edges of the front wheels stick out farther than the tire because the wheel is so wide. I'll give them a call and see if they can send me a set with the stock offset.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called them and they are shipping me a new set mounted on stock offset wheels. Although I have to ship back my old tires at my expense. Oh well, live and learn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts