Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the street when I’m at higher speeds 30mph and up it seems my front 2 wheels wobble and hop a little kind of shaky. It is felt thru the handle bars. I’m not sure if it’s out of alignment but it’s nothing like a vehicle smooth on road which I don’t expect that especially with the mud tires but was wondering if something is probably off toe in or alignment maybe

·
Registered
470 Posts
That could be. Could be wheel balance also. These no not have super refined steering systems to start with. If you do not run a steering stabilizer, a little twitching is not out of the ordinary. I would check the alignment and check for a bent wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Oem front end geometry needs more castor, it is not very stable at speed and definitely not meant for on-road use. You can lower/widen the front to help or add a steering stabilizer. Fireball racing front ends have more castor and handle much better at speed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That could be. Could be wheel balance also. These no not have super refined steering systems to start with. If you do not run a steering stabilizer, a little twitching is not out of the ordinary. I would check the alignment and check for a bent wheel.
Oem front end geometry needs more castor, it is not very stable at speed and definitely not meant for on-road use. You can lower/widen the front to help or add a steering stabilizer. Fireball racing front ends have more castor and handle much better at speed.
Okay I will check to make sure everything looks to be in spec and I also do have plans on the future to maybe widen stance just a tad bit, this thing feels very top heavy and I’m only 130lbs

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,046 Posts
You can add caster buy moving the lower a-arms forward or move the top a-arms rearward. Trimming the a-arm bushings slightly will allow the placement of washers to move them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts