Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 01 raptor 660, had carb issues. Previous owner attempted to work on it, set the air/fuel way to deep. I went to back it out and the needle snapped off and was stuck in the carb. I messed with it for hours till I finally got it out. Problem is the hole is noticeably bigger then the other side. Idk if both sides are the same bore or if I screwed it up trying to get it out. I can always buy a used housing if need be. Just want to be sure that I need to. Or if there is a fix for it. Or maybe it's just fine. Idk. Here's a pic of both bores. Also a pic of the damage from me picking at it. Thanks in advance!

·
Master of the Electron
14,827 Posts
Just put a new pilot screw in it and set it maybe 1/4 turn less than the un-damaged side.

Ride it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man if that's the case thatd be sick! I got the vitos screws coming in, the ones you can adjust with the carb mounted. Itl make it easier if it actually works

·
Master of the Electron
14,827 Posts
I've got them and love them... you're good to go. The screw is just a valve that reduces flow through the pilot jet - as long as it closes when all the way in (gently!) then you will be able to use it still, just less open cuz the hole is bigger now..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts