Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Can someone tell me what fuel controller is the easiest to to learn and use?The only mods are going to be an open air box and gytr full exhaust
A dobeck-style controller is pretty simple to use but as with any other, if you don't know what you are doing they're all as bad as the other :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok so I bought the dobeck tfi,the bike is an 06 with a full gtyr exhaust no spark, pro air with k&n and sock.i set the controller to 4 7 8 7 and it fired right up.So I decided to adjust the green pot and so i had my son hold the gas at a steady rpm and i adjusted it,all seemed fine till I looked at the pipes comeing out of the head and they were glowing red.So I thought it must be way lean so i turned the red pot to 9 and tried starting it.well it started and then loaded up and died.Now I cant seam to get it to start again.Sorry Im such a noob at this please go gentle on me thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
TFI's are pretty out dated, but will still work fine. The basic breakdown is as follows:

Green is your pilot circuit
Yellow is your needle
Red is your main jet.

Glowing of the headpipe at idle means that your pilot circuit is two lean. Increase that pot dial until your idle reaches its highest smoothest point.

I would then move to the yellow and then the red.

Gonna be time consuming but you can get it dialed.

Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts