Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 700 have a fuel filter? If so how do you clean it. If ot can you add one somewwhere?

Glanced throught the manual and didnt find one.

·
Registered
896 Posts
adding one will not work since the 700 is fuel injection. There is a sock filter on the bottom of the pump i believe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
u can add an inline fuel filter on any type of engine. EFI, carbed, high pressure direct injection, low pressure direct injection, whatever. The fuel tank and block are connected by a fuel line. Splice the line, add filter, there you go.

·
Registered
896 Posts
How are you going to hold the filter on the line. The hose is under quite about of pressure. Sure not something I would recommend. Just adding something for failure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah you're right. That dang fuel filter would just add extra weight anyway. Try adding a little water to your gas next ride. I heard it helps clean out the fuel tank.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I was just stating a point. Trust me I could care less about weight. But if you are getting enough water in your system to bother you, you need to get different fuel. Or try adding some heat and sta-bil to your fuel. Why risk a fuel line coming apart on a hill or such. I understand that it might only cost $2.00 to do it. But if it comes apart it might cost a from a couple hundred to a few thousand.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I wouldn't put one on mine. These systems have nearly 60psi

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wouldn't put one on mine. These systems have nearly 60psi
I thought I was the only one out here with that train of thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts