Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding today for a while with no problems until I stopped and shut it off. By the way its an 06 700. I went to start it and it turned over but would not run. I took the dipstick out and oil came gushing out. I googled this and it said possible fuel in the oil, it smelled kinda like fuel. So i drained all the oil and changed it and it started up. I don't want to ride it until I get this problem fixed cause I have a feeling it will do it again. My trinity stage IV fuel controller has been installed for 5 days. It runs like a raped ape and this is the only problem I've had.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
323 Posts
you should call trinity!! your bike cant be the first to have this problem:( they should know whats up8)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just took it to the shop, hopefully they can figure it out without draining my wallet.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
how long do you wait after shutting the raptor off to check the dipstick?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how long do you wait after shutting the raptor off to check the dipstick?
Well I stop or a cig break so it was probably about 10 minutes before I tried to start it back up then another 5 until I unscrewed the dipstick. Its all good now, just got it back from the shop, he adjusted the valves and fuel controller. Even fixed my broken reverse switch for free. I was getting tired of having to worry about dropping it in reverse while going forward which I did a couple times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts