Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first time posting and i noticed that you guys help out quite a bit from what i've read.

Here's my problem. I took the carbs off of my 2001 raptor 660 to replace the internal choke assembly. When i put it all back together, i had gas pouring from the overflows underneath both carbs. However, i had the fuel line connected to that plastic "T" on top of the carbs. Is this where the fuel line should go or should it go on that elbow that is beside the throttle? If it goes on the elbow, is there supposed to be gas in those hoses that go back to the air intake? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The gas should be connected to the elbow. And gas going back into the airbox is bad. Connect the gas where is should go and then dry out your airbox, clean your filter and you should be good. The plastic "T" should have a flexible tube that will drop fuel out of the carbs in case you flip it over....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well gas isn't actually going into the airbox, it just goes to the tubes that connect the airbox and carbs. It looks like there is a dial on the tubes where the fuel line from the bottom of the carbs connect to. Almost like there is a jet or something in those tubes. I was just concerned if there was supposed to be gas constantly coming out of the lines on the bottom of the carbs. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
no there shouldnt be

·
Registered
204 Posts
moosecj said:
Well gas isn't actually going into the airbox, it just goes to the tubes that connect the airbox and carbs. It looks like there is a dial on the tubes where the fuel line from the bottom of the carbs connect to. Almost like there is a jet or something in those tubes. I was just concerned if there was supposed to be gas constantly coming out of the lines on the bottom of the carbs. :thumbsup:
A dial on the tubes? Looks like a jet? Can you take a picture I'm lost lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts