Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding 3/4 gear at higher rpm when I noticed the engine start to loose power, started to sputter until it finally seemed to be starved of gas. So I came to a stop put in neutral turned key off, turned back on and the fuel pump didn’t turn on like normal. It would crank over just wouldn’t fire. So I sat there and waited for a few minutes tried it again and then it worked and drove home. Drove it the next day and made it about 2 minutes before it shut down on me and pump won’t turn on.
Got a new pump and same problem. Relay wasn’t blown and battery is well charged.

any idea? It’s a 2020 700r SE

·
Registered
669 Posts
Use a volt meter, I seem to remember the pump has a 4 wire plug. Unhook it from the pump and test each wire for power, should have power for about 2 seconds right after you turn on the key. Sorry I don't know which color wire is the power wire, maybe someone who does will chime in.

·
Registered
773 Posts
From what I can tell on the wiring diagram
The right side pins are the pump's power, orange/green and black, either one.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use a volt meter, I seem to remember the pump has a 4 wire plug. Unhook it from the pump and test each wire for power, should have power for about 2 seconds right after you turn on the key. Sorry I don't know which color wire is the power wire, maybe someone who does will chime in.
Okay I will give it a try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.