Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when some of you guys were having trouble with the fuel pump and got it fixed did yamaha treat it like a recall or did your warranty cover it or what. I called the stealership where i got mine from and that dude said that if it was a recall then i wouldve gotten something in the mail, and i asked him what about if it is covered in the warranty and he just acted like he wasnt sure and wanted me to bring it in to them. How is he gonna have to look at it when it just does it every once in a while once it gets hot. You can let it turn over till your blue in the face or till the battery goes dead and it isnt gonna crank...let it sit there for a little bit and she'll start right up. I mean when yamaha realized that the bleed hole wasnt correct on the pump WHY didnt they have a recall.. who the hell wants to have to deal with that all the time after buying a 7k dollar machine.. they obviously knew what was wrong cause they fixed it after they realized what it was doin. im starting to get pissed..... :ripped: :rocket: :wtf:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with you on everything. I don't believe I have a fuel pump problem, however right now my bike isn't running. I never received anything about any recalls (fuel pump or anything), and my address has not changed since I bought the bike. Also I believe a certain part number is effective for a certain fuel pump recall. I'm guessing this is the number showing on the parts fiche. it says something to the effect of "replaced by" with a different part number after it. You can see this on several parts. Good luck with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts